The Peanuts Gang in Singapore

The Singapore Philatelic Museum had a Peanuts exhibition going on through the end of April. I really wanted to take the kids there because I figured they would be more into it if it was Snoopy then just looking at stamps. My plans to go kept falling through, so we finally made it on the last day the exhibition was open. Lucky for us Leslie was here to join us on our outing. She got to see some of the City Hall area while we were out. 
It was special to go and see Peanuts through stamps because our Mom has a tradition of sending us Peanuts cards for birthdays, holidays, just because, etc. I see Peanuts things and it makes me think of her. Who knew Snoopy could connect me to my Mom from half way across the world?
Cosette with a talking Queen Victoria stamp.
It is a small museum which was perfect because we were able to see everything we wanted to which was pretty much the whole museum. Henry fell asleep on our there from the MRT. Sad he missed Snoopy, but not going to lie, it makes things a little bit calmer.

I love this story.
The exhibit was really cute. It brought back all sorts of memories of watching Charlie Brown growing up. Each character had a wall that featured a small bio about them and the comics that demonstrated their characteristics. Plus, the more popular comic strips they were in.
There was a display case with all sorts of Peanuts merchandise and this little Hina doll set was so cute! I want this for my house.





This room was really cool because it had stamps from just about every country in the world. There was a saying on the wall that said get to know the world through stamps. The whole museum was highlighting that stamps are the windows to the world. And they are. You can send a letter to any place in the world and it will (fingers crossed) get there. That is incredible! I have sent post cards to family and friends from a lot of the places we have traveled and visited and can say you can send a card from just about any where. I wish I had kept stamps from the places I have visited now. I probably have some stuff in some places in my desk. 
We had the opportunity to "be" in a stamp. I love Cosette's face in this one.

Had to get a picture with the bunnies for this little bunny.
Henry woke up at the end and immediately found the motor cycle. He was not happy that he could not ride it. This kid gets on every vehicle he can find. He is all boy.

It makes me really happy when I stick to my gun or really stick to my plans even though it seems daunting to get out the door. Once I leave the house and go on my way everything always turns out okay. This outing is a testament of that. Motherhood win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day