Zoo Hoppers

a
During Leslie's visit we wanted to make sure to take her to our favorite places in Singapore, namely the zoo. All four wildlife parks actually. She got the zoo hopper pass and it had to be used within a week of purchasing it, and it worked out that we could only make it the last part of the week. So we did it, four parks, three days. We dud the Night Safari one night, Jurong Bird Park the next afternoon, and the following day we did the Singapore Zoo and River Safari. It was exhausting, but worth it. The wildlife parks here in SG are pretty amazing. I have done posts on pretty much all of them, except the Night Safari. They do such an amazing job at getting the visitors a really up close look and experience with the animals. I love it! It is the best to do with the kids because they get so excited to see the animals. Henry asks me to go about once or twice a week. I like to experience new things and have a different schedule a lot and the zoo fits so great because it is a different experience every time we go. I have probably mentioned that before. With Leslie we did see different parks of the parks that we have not been to or check out that often. It was the best. I love showing visitors our favorite things that we do where ever we are because it shows them a little bit of how our life on a daily basis is. And the things that we do a lot. We are regular zoo hoppers and glad Aunt Leslie was there to join us.

Our top things to show her were
1. The Flying Foxes at the Night Safar
2. The Bird Show at the Jurong Bird Park
3. The Lorikeet Lori at the Jurong Bird Park
4. The Giant Pandas at the River Safari
5. The Squirrel Monkeys at the River Safari
6. And pretty much everything at the Singapore Zoo-especially all the free range exhibits.

The Night Safari was so much fun. I love it! We saw the fire dancers, the Asian Elephants which are especially amazing because they have their full grown tusks on still. It is so cool. We went into the Flying Fox enclosure and had them flying over us around us. It was thrilling and a bit chilling to be in the jungle at night when it is pitch black. Leslie mentioned she felt like we were in Jurassic Park. The first time we went to the Night Safari I kept thinking what would happen if the animals got out. Ahh!!! They have lions, and tigers, and bears, ahhh!! Luckily it is just a crazy thought and will never happen. The kids loved it. It makes me so happy to see them pointing to all the animals they see and their excitement when they see their favorites. Plus, riding a tram and having a tapir walking right next to you is two thumbs way up. 

We made it just in time for the bird show and of course it was amazing as usual. Although our Macaw, Berry, did not win the game. The other one cheated. It started before they said go. It is just incredible to see all the different species of birds flying over you around you. This time one of the Toco Toucans did not catch it's grape and it fell into the audience and down went the Toucan right in the middle of the audience to get the grape. Wish it was where we had been sitting. 

The lorikeet loft was the top of our list at the Bird Park. It is so so cool/fun! Leslie was dare devil Dunn and got tried to get the biggest birds in the loft to land on her. She had four birds on her at one time. I was impressed with her adventurous spirit. It reminded me of what she was like when she was little. She was into bugs and her favorite color was green. She is not so much into bugs, but she is fearless. I love her.





That green bird was big. It made me a little nervous to think of it landing on me, but Leslie was determined. 

We made it back to the waterfall aviary, which we had not visited before. It was amazing! at the end it had a 100ft waterfall in the enclosure. How incredible is that?

Sister time is the best.

The Singapore Zoo never disappoints. The Tamaran exhibit at the entrance just sets the tone so well. We saw two babies and this mommy carrying her baby! It was adorable. 



Tradition! 



Naked mole rat for the win. Our sister works at a zoo and sent us a pic of a naked mole rat with that caption while we were at the zoo. This is what we sent back to her.

The River Safari is my favorite I think. I can't decide. Each park is really great, but the River Safari is peaceful and just stunning. It's hard not to love it. My favorite part about it is the covered walk way so we can go even when it rains.

So glad the Giant Panda was out. Sometimes it is not available to view and I was a bit nervous that we would miss it, but we got lucky!


The cutest wall ever!

One the river cruise. I had not been on it before because none of the kids are tall enough to go. Lyndon was still with the kids at the zoo, so we were able to enjoy the river cruise. 

SG is so beautiful and constantly amazes me how beautiful it is and how much I am falling in love with it. 

Ended our day with the incredible manatee exhibit. We sang a few lines from Barbara manatee while we were there.

I'm so grateful for Leslie. She has been my angel these past few weeks. She really enjoyed going to the zoo and seeing everything, which made me so happy. I know not everyone is a zoo person and I was grateful that she enjoyed herself. It is really hard not to. These wildlife parks are top notch. I can go on and will go on I'm sure in other posts about how amazing and fun they are, because they are. Getting our zoo passes was money well spent. And I am a dork and cannot wait to go again. Seriously as I am writing this I am things of when will be a good time to git into our schedule when we get back to SG.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World