Sister Day

Since Leslie and I were leaving SG a lot earlier than planned, I got a couple of babysitter so we could go out kidless one afternoon. We met up with Lyndon and had Angelina's hot chocolate. It was recommended to me by my good friend while we were living in Paris, but we never ended up going while in Paris. When I found out that there was one in SG it went on the list of things to do. It worked out perfectly because Leslie speaks French and works in the fashion industry. 

Lyndon was in heaven drinking it, of course. He is a sipping chocolate connoisseur and I love him for it. After that we split up because work.

We got a little picture happy there. It was all the chocolate rushing to our heads or something.

Leslie and I went out on our own with the plan to go to Arab Street to check out Dilips Textiles, Little India, and Chinatown. We made it to Dilips, and Little India but we spent so much time at those places we had to postpone Chinatown for another night (the next night because that was our last one in Singapore).

Dilips was the best per usual. Mr. Dilip has the best table cloths and other textiles ever. Everything is hand printed and crafted in India. He is so kind and always offers a bottle of water when we go, which in the Singapore climate is greatly appreciated. We spent forever there. Leslie ended up buying a few table cloths and an elephant wall hanging which are just incredible. I got souvenirs for everyone back home, haha. I live there so I can always go back


Instead of taking the MRT to Little India we walked because it was not that far. Of course, it was a little further than we thought, but we made it and Leslie got a look at the real Singapore. I love it! We got to spend a lot of time talking and it was so fun. I loved having my sister with me. Leslie is so adventurous, you would never know it.

Those roses! It's the little details.
 Little India is the coolest because there is nothing like it in the world, except for India. We made a stop at the Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple. It's a Hindu Temple and we were able to go inside and look around while a service was going on. The service was so different than anything we can imagine in the West. The inside was just as ornate as the outside and just so cool.

House of Tan Teng Niah is possibly the most colorful building in all of Singapore. I have been wanting to go there since we got to the country. It is located in Little India, but ironically is not Indian architecture. It is the last Peranakan style building in Little India, which is why it is painted so colorfully.

We went to the Tekka Center last to look at all the different Saris they have there. We ended up getting ones for ourselves. Indian clothing is so colorful and beautiful. I love it! We walked all over the market looking for the place with the best deals and with the best quality. We found this one lady who was the bomb. Her stuff was gorgeous and she was so reasonable. The Saris come sleeveless, but have sleeves that you can get sewn on in the next booth for a few dollars. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

 Lyndon was done with work and met up with us at that point. We took Leslie to this authentic, like that's where the locals eat authentic, Indian place. Chapati bread is a little piece of heaven. Pretty much all Indian bread is. We got a lot of different dishes and ate with our hands like the locals and it was a delicious feast. We converted Leslie to Indian food! Hooray! 

Leslie coming to stay with us was a God send. We really enjoyed having her there. All of us. The kids got attached to their Aunt Leslie. My health has been so poor since Raphael was born, it was a sigh of relief to have an extra pair of hands. I have not gotten to spend a lot of time with Leslie or really any of my siblings since going to college. I really enjoyed having the one on one time with her. She is a gem. I could go on and on gushing about how wonderful she is because she is! Having four girls close in age growing up was hard, but we have remained close. It makes me think of a scene in Little Women when Amy asks Joe if she loves Laurie more than she loves her. And Joe calls her a pigeon because how could she love anyone else more than her sisters. I feel the same. Anyway, sisters are the best! Fingers crossed that she gets to come back. We love her so much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day