Sunday Night Stroll at Nisqually

One of our first nights in Washington, Leslie took us to Nisqually Wildlife Reserve just to get out of the house and enjoy some nature. Going on this stroll was the first time being back in the States that I felt relaxed and over culture shock. It was amazing to be outside and in nature, something we do not get to do much of in all of our city living. Washington is gorgeous and we wanted to do more outdoor activities this trip because that is one thing we missed out on last trip. The trail, if you could call it one, was a boardwalk and perfect for the kiddos. We saw a lot of wildlife! A giant snail, nutrias, a frog, bats, birds, ducks, and ducklings! Heart eyes for days seeing the ducklings. They are so cute. It was so cold in Washington. After Singapore everywhere is cold. I have been cold in Tennessee, and that is saying something because it is hot and humid here in the summer.  Nisqually was a breathe of fresh air, literally. I don't know what it was, but it was a really nice outing and highlight of our trip. I really enjoyed myself. Whenever I am out in nature it makes me appreciate God's creation so much more. And it is a testimony to me of how much he loves us because he created this beautiful world for us to enjoy. And this picture of the kids hugging their Aunt Leslie is one of my favorites. They are so cute!

Looking for nutrias, which are otter like creatures. We saw two! The second animal highlight next to see the ducklings. 
She has some of the best silly faces when it comes to getting a picture taken. I love it. She is such a fun girl. Really sassy, but as my Momma says, "it's good for a girl to have a little sass". She is no pushover. 
I spy with my little eye.....
Me and my lovelies. I was freezing towards the end. I only packed one pair of jeans for the trip because I knew that I was not going to need really warm clothes because it's summer here. Washington had a different weather plans though. It was unusually cold for that time of year apparently. And I held that apple the whole time. Henry said he wanted to eat it, but then decided not to. So Mom is the natural trash can. 
These two get along so well! It amazes me. They are best buddies. I hope they stay that way forever. I did not always get a long with my siblings growing up, but we are all friends now as adults. My parents would always say growing up that friends come and go but family is forever. No truer words have been said. When I come home that is who I spend my time with. Spending all this time with Leslie was so great. She helped me get through this rough spot and the kids getting over jetlag and the list goes on and on. 
The stunning Leslie. I love her so much. 

The kids were being so funny. They were playing a game they made up called the kissy monster. They were chasing each other and then hugging and kissing. They were giggling like crazy. I am so grateful that they love each other. 

Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters. And Raphael's little brown head. 
No filter. It was stunning. 
There were bats flying around and these barns. We even saw them hanging upside down off the sides. It made our inner animal loving selves so happy. 
Piggy back ride for Henry.
The long walk back to the car. It was not really that long. It just felt long because all the kids wanted to do was to collect rocks aka gravel. I wonder when they will out grow the obsessive compulsive desire to play in the gravel? Sundays are probably my least favorite day of the week, I know I'm horrible. It is just really hard and long with kids. Church is a struggle then you are starving when you get home no matter what time you have church, and then it's the end of the week so I always feel like a zombie. Getting out and walking around was relaxing and helped me appreciate this Sabbath day a little bit more. Grateful for Leslie for knowing all the great and easy places to take the kids. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day