Washington Favorites

Washington has become one of my favorite places to visit. Last year when we went as a family we had such an incredible time. And this time with Leslie was even better! It's because we spent longer and had more time to explore and visit some of our favorites. The highlight for me this time was going to Bainbridge Island. We took a ferry there and it has a bridge that connects it back to the mainland so we could leave whenever we wanted to and not have to be bound by the ferry schedule. We found a fantastic antique shop. Everything in there was really nice and made me want a house to decorate. I have been watching a lot of Fixer Upper lately too which might also be another reason why I want to decorate a house. Thank you Leslie for getting me hooked on it.  


It had a children's museum so there was another plus to going to this island. 



This little buddy had as much fun as the older two. He is getting so big.


We stopped at MORA to get some ice cream. It was the best ice cream I have ever had. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they get a cookbook out sometime so I can get in on the secret. I had their signature Mora (blackberry) ice cream with half a scoop of coconut. Cosette always gets vanilla and Henry chocolate. Leslie got lemon bar. Hers was two thumbs up. Man, I want to go back there.
Making a stop at Pike's Place Market was at the top of my list. I love this place. And Leslie does too because Ellenos Greek yogurt. We got four different flavors to share with everyone at home, and I wish we had gotten more. The great news is that they are going to start selling it at Whole Foods! And the guy kind of photo bombing out picture is an actor/news presenter in Singapore! What are the odds?! His name is Guo Liang.  
Leslie and the Coco and the Henry with the pig. 

On the ferry on our way to Bainbridge. We saw a seal! We thought it was a piece of garbage, but then it went under the water meaning that it was a seal. Wish we saw some other marine wildlife. Wildlife junkies here.
Love these kiddos of mine. They are my buddies. I have a lot of fun with them even if I am exhausted at the end of every day. It's worth every ounce of energy I spend. They are the best!

Possibly my favorite photo of all time. Henry gives the best hugs and kisses. I am hoping that he continues to give them for a long long time. Like to the point it's inappropriate long time.

Crazy hair, don't care.

Zamp, the dog. We got him some special doggie treats for his birthday. 

My peeps at Point Defiance Zoo. We had a couple of run ins with wild raccoons. One was blind in one eye and started coming toward us. We went running screaming "run away". We know what happened to Buddy the Elf, so we did not try to get friendly with it. That was just one of the encounters with raccoons that day. They were popping out of the bushes, like daisies!
Tiger next to the glass. Just plain AWESOME!

Cloud leopard kittens=a million heart eyes.

Proud Cloud Leopard daddy.

One of my favorite pics of the bunch. 
JAWS!
"Look at the seahorses Mommy! They are so cute!" So are you Henry.


And how we all ended up at the end of everyday. I even fell asleep one night in my clothes. But that means we were having a great time, or just really jet lagged.....
It doesn't matter what we were, Washington has a special place in our hearts. Miss you Leslie and Sam. As Cosette says, "we love you to Heaven and back". 

(Washington video here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day