Cosette is Five!

 July 22-25 is birthday week at our house. We have Cosette's, Raphael's, and my birthdays within four days of each other. Raphael confirmed it birthday week when he decided to come two weeks before his due date. I don't want to say that we party hard because this is only the first year we have had to celebrate the three birthdays all together, but it certainly is a week where we celebrate. I have worked it out that we don't end up having cake and ice cream so much we are sick by the week's end. 

Cosette's birthday was first, July 22. She turned five years old. And now I am like okay I officially have a kid because she can think, speak, act all for herself and is much more independent than she ever has been. She can read and write! She is a real person, which I have always known and treated her as such, but her preferences are stronger as well as her personality is now. Am I making sense to anyone? I feel like I have to up my Mom game and get with it. With what? I don't know, but she is growing so fast and before I know it she will be ten, fifteen, twenty! And I will be old....okay, rambling stopped.

At the kid's school, when it is their birthday their parents and siblings come to the class for a party. You bring cake, and goodie bags and then do an activity with the kids. Cosette has been talking about her birthday since January when the first kid in her class had his birthday. She has been dead set on an Ariel birthday cake, and finally decided on vanilla and strawberry flavor (see what I mean about the preferences). Lyndon took off a few days so he could be home to celebrate all weekend long with us. It was the first time that he has been to her classroom and all the children were amazed at how tall he was. We all sang "happy birthday" to her ate cake, and then we brought five or six of Cosette's favorite books to read to her and her classmates. Then it was time to hand out the goodie bags and go home. I love that the school does that because then you do not have to throw your kid a birthday party because you already had one. They get to be with their friends and all you have to do is show up with the goods. Cosette's teacher was really sweet and suggested we do it after Henry got done with school so he could participate in the party. 



My best attempt at an Ariel cake. If only I could do faces.



Cresent, Cosette, and her teacher Ms. Su Hui


We opened presents at home and she was pretty happy with everything that she got. Poor Henry had a hard time because he was really tired and he is two. It was hard to see Cosette getting all these presents and him not get anything. Grandma came to the rescue! She let him open up something that she got for his birthday, and that worked out and helped him be in better spirits. 


She was making some pretty awkward faces in the photos. 


Lyndon took Cosette out on a daddy-daughter date to the Night Safari. When they got there they got some french fries and instead of getting ketchup, the servers gave them chili sauce. They started eating the fries and Cosette said "something is wrong with this ketchup Daddy". That's when they figurered out it was chili sauce. She picked out a stuffed animal elephant" as her gift from Grandpa and Grandma Plothow, which she has named "Sally the elephant". Lyndon said she went through every single item in the gift shops before settling on Sally. They had a good time and she fell asleep on the way home. 



Grandma took her out the day before her birthday to get some ice cream and have some one on one time. Naturally she ordered strawberry.

That is the ultra detailed story of how we celebrated Cosette's birthday. She was born on a Friday five years ago and her birthday was on a Friday this year. That was kind of special for me. Brought back the day she was born a lot more clearly than usual since the days coincided with the same days of the week when it happened. 

I am really grateful for my Coco-bean. She has been my buddy since I was pregnant with her. I had a really close connection to her during my pregnancy and the day she was born was the best day of my life. I was so happy and at peace, it was beautiful. 

Happy Birthday Cosette! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Saint Patrick's Day