Frozen Head

Hiking to this little water fall in Frozen Head has been on my summer list for a couple summers now. It's a really easy hike with kids and you end up at this beautiful little waterfall. I remember going as a kid and playing in the water, going behind the water fall, catching guppies and craw dads. I remember the water being freezing cold because it is mountain water, but that didn't matter to my kid self. Neither did it matter to my kids. They were in it lickity split. 
At the start of the wrong trail head.....we figured out we were on the wrong trail about half a mile into the hike, haha. My Mom took out her phone and still had cell service, so she called my Dad to see which trail we were supposed to take. It makes me laugh thinking of us in the woods making a cell phone call to figure out where to go.
My brother, Eston, came with us and was our trail guide. We called him Chief Turkey Feather, haha. That was his name at his job last summer where he worked at Philmont, a high adventure camp out in the middle of no where New Mexico. He is a blast. Out of all my siblings he and I are the most similar. He was my running buddy the few times I ran. He took me on a killer trail run that made me feel even more out of shape than I already do. He is awesome. I am so glad I got to spend time with him. He is the coolest person you will ever meet. He has so many interests, and pretty much everything he touches turns to gold. He was great with my kids, except Henry called him Uncle David almost the whole time. And immediately when we got home he saw a picture of Eston and called him Uncle Eston, haha. 

I love the forest streams in Tennessee. They are so beautiful, enchanting almost. It's funny that I am a city girl as an adult because as a little kid I loved the forest. There is still some Tennessee girl in me. 
My cousin with her kids happened to be at the falls. It was fate because we had planned to go the week before, but I came with mastitis and was sick as a dog, ugg. Fate made sure we made it work. Her kids are the same ages as mine and we both have girl, boy, boy. I feel especially close her to because of that. Cosette and Scarlett are cousin buddies born only three days apart. I love when we come to Tennessee that the kids have so many friends they get to play with. They pick back up with them like no time has passed. It's a blessing. 


Eston with a big ole' crawdad. We saw a bunch up there. Some were pretty large, like small lobster large. 

Raphael loved the water. We could not keep him out. He kept crawling in and putting rocks in his mouth. All eyes were on him making sure he did not get any in his mouth. He is my little adventure baby. 
There he goes! People he is a fast crawler. 

Me and the kids waded through the water to the falls. The kids went under the falls and like the water pouring on them. This was a good outing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day