Life Lately

We have been back in Singapore for a little over a week now and things are back to normal. Our time in the States flew by. It always goes by so much faster than I anticipate. It is good to be home. I am happy to be back in my place of eternal summer. 

The kids started back to school the next day after we got home. Cosette kept asking when it was one o'clock because she was so ready to go to school. I had a parent teacher meeting with her teacher this past week to discuss her progress and her teacher said that all her classmates really missed Cosette. They missed her so much her teacher texted me asking the date we were coming back and she put it up on the class calendar so Cosette's classmates could count down the days till Cosette got back. I thought that was so sweet. And they were so excited to see her when I dropped her off that day. We were slightly tardy, of course, and everyone yelled "Cosette!" when they saw her at the door. 

It's been really nice to have my Mom here. Any set of extra hands is helpful. It has helped the kids transition back to normal life I think as well because they had been spending so much time with her in Tennessee. She all of a sudden did not disappear. They do miss their Pa. Henry talks about him a lot. Lyndon and the kids watched Star Wars Episode V last night and when I asked Henry what his favorite part was he said when Luke and Darth Vader were fighting and when he went camping with Pa and ate hot dogs. That kid loves hot dogs. It's just been good for me because I can relax a little bit because I have extra help for a little while. I am finally able to fall asleep without taking a supplement. That has not happened since December. And I have been feeling all around so much better. Things are looking up and I can see the blessings that the Lord has given me. It feels like he is not there with me sometimes, even though I know he is. My mortal failings make it hard to see sometimes. I am grateful for all the support he has provided for me through family, friends, our ward, etc. He is there! I just have to look harder for him sometimes. 

Done rambling. We have been keeping busy. The kids have to get their energy out. We have done some sight seeing, but mostly been getting our swim on. 

We made an impromptu visit to the Jurong Bird Park. Our original destination was the Singapore Science Center, but just our luck it was closed. Gotta plan better. It worked out though, and we went to the bird park instead and got there just in time to see the bird show! 
The Raffa.
Mom has been quite impressed with all the plants here. 

 Every time we go to the bird park we see its resident iguana. This time we got a really good look at him.

Flamingos! Mom and Cosette's favorite bird. 
 Reunited at last!

 Mom and I took a quick trip down to Little India before we had to pick up Henry. Raffa and I showed her a few of the main highlights. Here we are experiencing the colorful Tekka Market.



 We live really close to the Singapore Scout Association in our neighborhood. We made a stop to check it out. My Dad has been Scout Master in their ward for a long time now, and my Grandpa Barron was a Scout Master for 25 years. And Lyndon is an Eagle Scout. Lots of Scouting in the family. And I'm really excited for my boys to start the scouting program and learn all about it. 

 Date night to see Ballet under the Stars at Fort Canning Park. 




We got up early one morning and went on a hike at the MacRitchie Reservoir. We saw some monkeys before we even got on the trail. Luckily no run ins with them. We are on a nature kick doing lots of hiking and enjoying Singapore's nature parks lately.
The monkeys were throwing the mangoes out of the mango tree. They smelled really good. The mangoes, not the monkeys.

It's good to be home even if we are sweating so much we can smell ourselves. 

Comments

  1. Hi! Just came back from visiting your Fontainebleau post back in 2014--your kids have sure grown! So glad to see you're still active on your blog. It's sad to see when I fall in love with a blog and the blogger is no longer active. (I'm so guilty of that) x(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a couple of years since we have been in France. My heart is still broken, but yeah the kids have grown up a lot. Glad you are still enjoying the blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day