Camping Trip with Pa and Grandma!


My parents took the kids camping one night while we were in Tennessee. This was the high light of the summer for the Henry. Anytime I ask him what his favorite thing is (at the zoo, school, church, etc) he always says building the camp fire and roasting hot dogs with Pa. And he has started playing pretend where he is Pa and takes all of us camping. He gets the pretend wood to build the fire and tells us all to be careful because it is very hot. It certainly made an impression on him. 

My parents took the kids up to Norris State Park which is like forty five minutes from their house. My Dad is way into camping and hiking (they want to hike the Appalachian Trail when he retires), and really wanted to take the kids. And it being summer there was no reason for them not to. They roasted hot dogs, marshmallows, went swimming, and had a really good time. Like I just said Henry is still talking about it two months later. 



Two peas in a pod right here. Henry pretends to be Pa a lot when we play. 
Meeting a snake named Sappy. 






The campfire, Henry's favorite part. 



And eating hot dogs, Henry's favorite food. My parents said that he just ate the hot dog right down the middle, so the bun was going up either side of his face, haha.

I think we now have two little campers. I guess maybe I should get on board. Camping with babies is not my thing, I have done it and it was not fun, but that was probably because it was cold, I was nursing, and sick..... I am willing to try it again, but not here in the jungle. Monkeys, grrr. There are some clips from their camping trip in the Tennessee video if you want to check it out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Chocolat, Chocolat: A Brief Guide on the Art of Chocolate Tasting