Happy Birthday Singapore!


Singapore celebrated 51 years of independence last Tuesday, August 9. The day before the kids had a party at school. They were encouraged to wear red and white for the occasion. They went with me over the weekend and picked out an outfit to wear for National Day. Cosette was insistent on getting a dress, and we found a really nice one. 

They call it National Day here. There was a huge fire works show that night down at Marina Bay, but after the terrorist threat that was made over the weekend I had no desire to be down in that area at all. 

We did not do anything because I had a small procedure done the day before I was recovering from and Lyndon had to go into work even though he had the day off. I was sad we did not do any celebrating. We just hung out at the condo, watched the Olympics, went swimming, watched Wild Kratts. It was a good day for the kids. 

Even though we did not do anything I wanted to document this especially important day for our home country right now. We really love living here. I was out the other day and I thought "I love it here!".  The kids are talking less about New York, that means it only comes up once a week instead of once a day. We are so happy to be here. Majulah Singapore!

The kids at the playground after school with their friends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Chocolat, Chocolat: A Brief Guide on the Art of Chocolate Tasting