Running Play Date


I have been trying out Instagram's new Instastories gadget lately and captured some video from a morning at Bishan Park. I am still figuring the thing out, and did not realize I had to download all the video from the Instagram app, so I am missing a lot of the footage I took, which makes me sad, because there were some pretty awesome clips of the kids that I would treasure forever that got deleted. So the video is a short one.


I said in my Color Run post, I have been doing a lot of running with the kids because that is the only way I can get a work out in. I got our friends who live close to us to meet us at Bishan Park and have a running play date. It worked out well enough. We got in a couple of miles together and the kids got all their energy out and to be with friends. This friend actually lived in the same neighborhood as we did in NYC a few years before we got there. They were in our same NYC ward and have a lot of NYC friends in common. It's a small world after all! I could sing that over and over and over again after all the places we have been and meeting people who we have friends in common with. It's crazy! But anyway, these friends have been the best. They were so good to us when we first got here, and helped us feel comfortable in Singapore. And Cosette and Maser are kind of best buddies. Grateful for awesome friends who go along with my crazy ideas.

First time in a swing, which you probably heard my annoying baby voice in the video. He loved it.


My scooter gang.
We had to document running with six kids. Henry did not make it into the photo. He was too preoccupied playing. 
I signed up for my September race today! It's a 5.4Km. I am really excited. Having a goal to work towards is really helping motivate me. I love it!

We jumped into the pool with our clothes on when we got home. It was so hot and we were soaked anyway. It was fun. As a mom, who does not get much free time, I am really glad that I can incorporate things that are important to me (like exercise) with my kids. And they enjoy it too. Cosette actually joined me on my swim work out the other week. She put on her fins and off she went. It means I might not get the best work out in, but its something that we are really enjoying together. The kids are excited to go exercise with mom. Hearing them say that makes me happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Chocolat, Chocolat: A Brief Guide on the Art of Chocolate Tasting