We Look Just Like Buddy Holly


 The latest things that we I have been up to is marking another item off my life's bucket list. I went to see Weezer in concert here in Singapore! It was incredible! As some people in Singapore would say, I was more than Joseph Schooling excited to see them. And it was totally fate that I went. 

Back in the spring I was listening to one of their songs and I thought to myself "wouldn't it be awesome to see them in concert". The next day I found out that they were coming to SG. It popped up on something and I think I screamed and immediately called Lyndon and told him that I wanted tickets for my birthday. And he loves me, so it was my birthday present (28 has been the best birthday ever). 

 And I have to share photos and document that I. Saw. Weezer! Sorry, it was just great. It's been a 14 year love affair with them ever since freshman year at cross country camp where I was introduced to the Blue album (Blue album forever). My Name is JonasBuddy HollyUndone, are some of my top all time favorite songs, and it was so epic to hear them live.

Lyndon is not a fan of them at all. It's sad, but our tastes in music are very different and pretty opposite. I appreciate his taste, and he is starting to learn to appreciate mine. I have very persuasive powers over him, haha. But not really when it comes to music. He is has very staunch and immovable beliefs on music, but we have agreed to disagree, at least I have. So I went by myself and it was totally cool. I did not want to subject him to possibly hours of him being miserable. He was happy for me to go and poor guy had to work, work, work, so even if he wanted to he could not have gone. I appreciate that we can let each other go and enjoy what we like and it does not bother the other person. We are happy to make each other happy. 






I had several friends who also got tickets and was able to meet up with some of them. We stood in the standing pit screaming our lungs out to some of our all time fav tunes. We were really close to the stage and could see the band up close. It was amazing! Like I said Joseph Schooling excited. Hearing the Sweater Song live completed me, haha. I love them even more because they said that they really like the Singapore Zoo. And I'm thinking I go there just about every week, we really live at those wild life parks here. Props to Weezer for having good taste. Oh, and their intro to Island in the Sun, they said "we like to think of Singapore as an island in the sun". It was so perfect, and that song plays in my head a lot since moving here. That and the quote "this is my island in the sun" (Muppet Christmas Carol, such a classic). Now that I have seen them live I appreciate them so much more. They are really incredible musicians. They did several compilations of their songs and the guitar work and how they merged them together was just so good. I think a lot of musicians these days are not true artist, but after seeing them live I can report that Weezer is 100% true artists (but that was already a fact). They played their newest hit King of the World and in the middle they blended in their song Only in Dreams, and it was so incredibly well done. It was beautiful, tear shedding beautiful. The best part was that there was no opener and the concert ended with enough time for me to get home and go to bed on time. I am old. No, Henry just manages to wake up bright and early no matter what time he goes to sleep. 






It's incredible to see someone (in this case a band) that you have really admired for a long time in person. I highly recommend it, if you ever get the chance to see someone speak, sing, perform that you like do it. I have been really lucky and got to have several experiences where I have seen several people I like speak or perform and it is a life enriching experience. And yes, a One Direction or Taylor Swift concert would go into this category (it will happen one day people).  

Moral of this post go find out when your favorite band/performer/person is going to be doing an event and make plans to go. Thank you to my sweet Lyndon for making another one my dreams a reality. I am so grateful! A billion exclamation points grateful! I should start calling him the dream maker or something like that, because he did it once again. Love you babe. xoxo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World