Trying the King of Fruit


I finally tried durian. I have been wanting to try the actual fruit for a while, and finally made plans to try it. It is known as the king of fruit down here in SG. To us non locals it is the stinky fruit. My friend Marissa took us out to try it. She loves durian, and I wished that my pallet was as refined as hers when it comes to durian, but it's not. It is an acquired taste, but I am not going to try it again. I won't say never again, but I have satisfied my curiosity on that front. 

I have gotten over the smell, and was really hoping that I would find it some what tasty, but I was very disappointed. It tasted worse than I thought it would be. It was really bad. I could not even swallow it. I like to think of myself as an adventurous eater, but apparently not when it comes to durian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day