Date Night on the Quay

A couple of weeks ago we made it out for a date night. This one had been on the calendar for a while. Failed efforts to get a baby sitter for a few weeks, but finally found someone brave enough to handle our kids, just kidding. Our kids our great and they love having company over. They are at the age where they love to perform for anyone and everyone when they come over.

It was a much anticipated evening. Since coming back from Oz, Lyndon has been super busy with work. I did not see him in the light of day for a few weeks there. It was nice to get out and spend some time together.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, and I love discussing the topics with Lyndon. Our conversations usually start out like this "so I was listening to this podcast....". Luckily we are birds of a feather and he finds it all interesting. I fell in love with this guy while listening to him in class discuss all the material. He was is so smart, and articulate at getting his point across. He is everything I want to be.




We went to Clarke Quay to check it out. It's another place that has been on my list for a long time, but I did not want to take the kids and it not be kid friendly and them crying like it was the end of the world. Toddlers, man. Tons of restaurants and party places there. It has a really fun atmosphere. It is kid friendly and I am going to have to take the kids back and ride along the Quay with our scooters. They take them everywhere we go now.






Paella! Love this dish. One of our first dates after we were married living in Cambridge, we went to a Spanish restaurant and had vegetable paella like this. We are nostalgic, and paella is so so good. 


Singapore is colorful and I love it!


I love this pic, because it reminds of when we were dating/first married and Lyndon doing all these great poses. We were so young and carefree then.




We made it to the Merlion! I have been dying to go and see it ever since we have moved here and we finally, finally made it.












Of course, I am closing my eyes in this one.


Couldn't resist taking this shot. 




On our way back to the MRT, we caught a free show by the Esplanade Theatre. It's part of a series, Rhythm Nation, that has been going on this past month. We have been getting educated on all different cultures living here. Fun performance, and great way to end our evening. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day