First 10K

 I ran my first 10k weekend before Thanksgiving. A member of our Ward/congregation was part of sponsoring the Race Against Hunger in Singapore. A lot of our ward/congregation participated in the race. I am still trying to train for a marathon. Sometime within the next year I will do it. I have gotten behind on my training because I have been sick on and off since we got back from Australia and it's been hard to train consistently between illnesses. 

Anyway, I had been training enough to be prepared for this 10K. I was really excited/nervous. I guess I get race jitters. I just get anxious and want to make sure I do my best. I use the RunKeeper app when I run to help pace myself and know how far I am doing. I used it during the race and it helped me pace myself. Seriously, the major thing that helped me get through the race and meet my goal. I was kind in the back at the beginning of the race, didn't mean to be. I would find a person, usually someone wearing something really bright, and that helped me keep my pace. Until I passed them and then I had to find someone else. And I am really proud of myself, because everyone I used as my pacer I passed! The last couple of Km were hard, until I saw some friends who were running the 5K. That gave me the little umph I needed to keep going. And I finished! I met my goal I set for this race time wise. I was really proud of myself for completing the race and meeting my goals. I was super pumped to keep running and get ready for another race, but then got the stomach flu. Ugg. 


 2017 I am going to continue my goal of running a race each month until my marathon. I have not been good at keeping that goal. I will admit I signed up for one in September, but then forgot the date and missed it (facepalming myself). I am using google calendar religiously now, so nothing else will be forgotten. I am excited to continue my running journey and hopefully improve. I have lots of room to do so, but for now I will revel in my few successes so far. It feels really good to set goals and met them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day