School Time: Last Day of School


The kids finished school back in mid-November. It was kind of an emotional day for me. Their school has been so fabulous and their teachers so great. I got a little emotional when I went to pick them up and tell their teachers thank you for all that they have done for my kids. All three of us are really excited that they will have the same teachers and classmates this coming year.

Each student has a binder with all the projects and teacher evaluations in it. It is basically a scrapbook of their school year. Both kids had one and these binders make me so happy! Seeing their progress that they have made, their cute art projects, pictures, handwriting. I am so in love with these binders. The second best part is that I did not have to make it. Love that! If we ever have a fire those binders will be something I run in after for. They are so special to me. And I know one day the kids will be happy they have them.

School here is a little bit different. The school year begins in January and goes till mid-November. And then they are on the British educational system in terms of what they call their grades. Dumb American here, and I am not really sure what grade they would be if they were in the States. All I know is that they have flourished and done exceptionally well this year. I'm so happy and proud of them.

It was a real back and forth for me about putting them in school initially. Now after completely the year I just laugh at myself for essentially freaking out about whether to put them in school or not because if was the best thing I could have done for them.

School break has been a blast! I love not having a schedule for places we have to be at a certain time. We can just relax have a laid out tentative plan for our day and do what we can. It's been really fun. We kicked off their school vacation off right with a trip down to the Art Science Museum. Photos and a video of the outing.



This room is just beautiful. Wish I could live there. 






Best big sister. She took Raphael on the slide over and over and over again. He was in heaven. All thanks to his big Sis.







I thought that I would not like school breaks, but after our spring break I love having the kids around on school breaks. It is hard sometimes, but like I said we have no schedule that we have to adhere to. We set our own schedule, and it's a pretty good one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day