On Top of the World in KL

I wanted to share this amazing experience I had on my way back from Japan. I had a long layover in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The airport was not horribly far from the city center where the iconic Petronas Towers are. Every picture you see of KL has those amazing 452m tall buildings on it. I decided instead of hanging out at the airport being bored I would go into the city center and see the Petronas Towers. Not going to lie, I was a little nervous to go out on my own. I have never been out in a different country by myself. Lyndon has always been with me, which I have always appreciated. I am a small blonde woman and stick out like no other on this side of the world. And I was just nervous about getting my bag stolen, and if I had to walk far from the train station to get to the Towers. However, I put those fears aside and decided I was going to do it. I have no idea if we will make it to KL while we are here in SG, so this could be my only chance. I went, I saw, and I conquered. Once I got started on my outing my fears subsided and I was just pure excited. I did say a ton of prayers on my way there and back, just saying.

I got to the Towers and tickets were sold out till 1:30pm which was when my flight was. I talked to the people at the ticket counter and they sold me a ticket for 1:30, but let me go right then. They are the most understanding nice people I have met. They just told me to let the other employees know I had to catch a plane and they would let me go ahead. I got to spend as much time as I wanted and had time for. It was amazing! Another amazing landmark that I can check off on my list.

This experience was so empowering, to go out and do this on my own. I felt amazing. It was incredibly easy to get there, and no one bothered me. One guy did tell me he loved me after I listened him play "Country Roads" in the train station. It's a favorite of my Dad's, and I cannot help but stop and listen to it when I hear it. That was kind of weird. I just ran off to catch my train. I am so glad that I took this opportunity. No regrets! It makes the world seems a little bit smaller and better place than it seems sometimes. Just getting out and seeing the ways people live in different parts of the world makes a huge difference in our perspective. I really love getting those glimpses on my travels. It gives me a greater love and respect for all the different cultures/people I have encountered.

I am in the process of making a vlog of the experience. Just documenting this empowering moment in my life. I want all my kids, but especially Cosette, to know that they can do things. They can make opportunities for themselves, make their dreams realities. They just have to be brave and act. Like I said, I was a bit nervous when I first ventured out and almost gave in to just hanging out at the airport, but I would have missed something I might not ever get to see again. And to me that would be a shame.

Pictures below, video to come.

Watching the sunrise at the airport. Hello Malaysia!


Welcome to the jungle, aka palm trees for days.
My second train I had to take from KL Sentral. And that is how it was spelled.

Made it!

Still in Japanese picture mode.




On top of the world in KL!





That building with the beautiful blue roof is the arts center in KL. I thought is was so beautiful, and it stood out against all the other architecture. There were screens explaining what all the other major landmarks in the area were, so that is how I learned about it. 

They first take you up to the bridge that connects the two towers. It is 170m above the ground. Kind of crazy to think that the tree top walk we do in SG is even higher than this, but this was still pretty high. 


Lots and lots of haze....boo!



Tried to get a selfie with those mountains. 



Forever heart NYC.

Saw my picture the took at the beginning and cracked up. I'm a dork.

Another magnet to add to the collection.
Everyone, not just ladies, take advantage of every opportunity you have. This experience right here has changed me, because I know that I can go out and do more things on my own that others might discourage me from doing. From my life experience, the act of going out and doing things proves to me that I can do all these different things. It gives me confidence that I can do not necessarily anything, but things. It's empowering. And I am all for everyone feeling empowered because when you feel empowered you really start using your talents and do good.

Thanks KL for this experience. Hope to take the rest of my crew there one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World