Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time

There is no place like a city for the holidays. We have been to several cities in different countries for Christmas and it is just the best. The whole place is decked out, and there are so many holiday activities to do. It is fabulous! Singapore does such a wonderful job with it. All the malls are decorated. They have different Christmas shows for the kids. Orchard Road is just insanely decorated. Its just beautiful and puts me into the Christmas spirit, even in this tropical weather. Give me a beanie and some hot chocolate please!

On Ellen's first full day in SG, we took her down to Orchard Road to check out the Christmas displays, and go play in the "snow" at Tanglin Mall. One of our favorite Singapore things we did last year. 

This one is one of my favorites from the night. Cosette's smile! It makes all the effort worth it to see a smile like that. 

My sister in her sari. Early Christmas present. Her luggage did not arrive with her, and she didn't have any extra clothes. Lucky for her, I had bought her a sari for Christmas, so I pulled it out and she was able to parade around the city looking like a local. 

Lyndon will forever get the "Best Most Fun Dad Ever" award. There is not question that he is the fun parent. 


Raphael's excited face!



Showing little bro how it's done.



The Christmas display outside ION. 


Tiffany's Christmas tree.

And the snow! 

We had a couple incidences with Cosette getting the "snow" in her eyes, but she kept playing. Forgot to bring goggles. My favorite part was watching her make "snow" angels. Randomly several other friends were there and all the kids had friends to play with. It was still crazy crowded, and I had to keep my eagle mamma eyes on the kids. The boys played in it a little bit, but then they were done. Cosette stayed in the whole time and had me join her. I felt a little too excited that my kid wanted me to play with her instead of running around with her friends. I think I can claim some cool mom points there.  

The most fun Christmas activity that kicked off our Christmas week. Glad that Lyndon was able to get off early and meet us there, and that Ellen was able to participate in one of our Singapore Christmas traditions. I am loving having her here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day