The Last Day of 2106


We spent on Sentosa at Palwan Beach. My Color Run race finished here, and it was so beautiful we wanted to take Ellen back there. We almost didn't go because it's monsoon season and rains a lot right now. It looked like it was going to rain, but we stuck to our plans and went. It turned out to be a gorgeous beach day. It was because we stuck to our plans and went. We would be kicking ourselves if we had not gone and missed this opportunity. 

I love this beach. Every time we go to the beach that day has just been wonderful. Not sure what makes it so great, but I'm not complaining. If all I have to do is go play in the water and sand to have a good day I will do it. 

Everyone's face in this pic!


My spirit animal is a dolphin, and I swear that I must have some mermaid in me. Because I swam so much when I was younger my Mom would jokingly say when I was being sluggish that I just need to add some water. I was getting to dried out. And still there is so something rejuvenating and healing for me being in water. I love the stuff.


These two are such good friends. They are always playing together, sometimes it is not so nice, but they move on and then it becomes nice again. Raphael is starting to engage more with them and their playing is becoming very interesting. I just hope/pray that they will always love each other and stay close. 
We swam out almost all the way to the shark net. Having the net there gave makes me so much less nervous about swimming far out into the ocean. It was really fun swimming out far. There is still wild life out there even with the net up. I found a Star fish when we were in shallower water. It was so cool. I was feeling around for shells and pulled out a star fish!

She has the prettiest smile.







They found this perfect picture spot.

And then they ran over to me and told me they had found another even better picture spot. This is where it was. Those dare devils. But what am I saying? If I wasn't taking the picture I would be out there with them. Possibly standing. 

And they were totally right. Best picture spot. I really love our SG life. 

Raphael is a Plothow through and through. He was dying to join Daddy and Cosette out on the tree. Me and Aunt Ellen, not so much. Too soon Rapha!

Henry made friends with little boy while we were on the island. They played hunting fishes together, collecting rocks, water trucks. Cosette ended up joining them and they played hide and go seek. Cosette is brilliant at making friends wherever she goes. I never have to worry about her. It was a super happy momma moment to see that Henry is picking up on this talent as well, and made his own friend. I love these kids. They may drive me a little nutty, but they are incredible.

We made it to the southernmost point of continental Asia. That is a pretty good place to end the year. Not much further you can go, am I right? We just happened on this place. The sign was just off the bridge we crossed. Pretty amazing hidden gem, or maybe not so hidden if we did more research. 

We ended 2016 that night with us adults playing games and trying to watch fireworks at Marina Bay. Fun way to end the year, but hard way to start 2017. I am an old person and need my sleep, or a baby and I just need to sleep all the time. Not sure if I will make it to midnight next December 31.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day