The Merlion and Me


For whatever reason I have The Wizard and I stuck in my head when I look through these photos, no complaints here because Wicked is, well, Wicked! But When I think of this outing I just want to belt out the Merlion and Me.?.? Not sure why, but that is why this post is called what it is. 

Ellen and I took Cosette and Raphael down to the Marina Bay Sands so Cosette could do some ice skating. Henry I think was banished, and had to go to work with Dad. Sometimes we I need some space. Love him with all my heart, but when you dump nail polish all over my bed frame, floor, and entertainment center after said nail polish was put away for no one to find ever, some space is required. We made up later at Hamley's by having light saber fight while wearing Kylo and Boba Fett masks. 

Anyway, while we were down there, and after Daddy and Henry met up with us, we went on a walk around the bay and ended up at the Merlion Statue. This statue is awesome. I say I love a lot of things on here, but I do love this statue. I am a water person and this statue speaks to my swimmer heart.  




Doing my best to get Cosette to smile. It didn't work.

However, this kid will smile at the drop of a hat. 



Beautiful girl, beautiful city.

Blessed we get to call this place home. Why is it Lyndon always has to drag me from all the places we have lived when it is time to go? I wanted to shred my passport when we were leaving Paris, and with SG I am going to be kicking and screaming. 


The Art Science Museum exterior. The architecture here is perfection.



Oh Cosette, I love you so much. 

There "Christmas Dinos" reminded me of the American Museum of Natural History Christmas dinosaurs out front. These ones were a little bit more fashionable. 

Cosette had been begging me to take her ice skating. I thought perfect, we will go down to the rink at the Marina Bay Sands Mall, which turned out to be the absolute worst ice skating experience of my life. Number one problem is that the rink was not ice. It was plastic!? It was the absolute worst ice skating experience of my life. Poor Cosette was so excited and then we were both clinging onto the all for dear life because it was impossible to skate on the plastic. We both were wiping out. It was hilarious and painful. We lasted for almost an hour. I was out after five minutes because I could hardly stand. It was so bad people. So bad! Everyone who was skating was wiping out. I am laughing so hard writing this because it was so bad. 

Raphael the Rebel came in with his shoes on for a little bit. He's my little boy friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day