Yokohama with my Sister

The last day of our sister trip we spent touring around Yokohama, where we were staying. Yokohama is the second biggest city in Japan, and it's right next to Tokyo. Our cousin lives there, and runs a cafe from their house on the weekend. So if you are in Yokohama ever, you should check it out. 

First stop was Chinatown. It is the thing to see in Yokohama, and Chinese New Year was starting soon. We visited Kanteibyo (Kuan Ti Miao Temple). We were there early and had the place to ourselves.  

There were pandas everywhere in Chinatown. Everywhere.

Panda paus.





Hair in my face. Big disgrace. Still working on my jumping photo shot. 

Just a dragon on a lamp post. 



Took a photo here almost five years ago with Lyndon and Cosette. 


 We walked down the marina to our next destination, a Pokemon Centre. They exist here, and being kids that grew up with Pokemon, we could not resist checking it out. 

It was really bright that day.


Japan does it again. Adorable, but functional. 

 We got fish pedicures. I do not if it was a good thing that the fist liked mine feet more than hers. I told Ellen that this was proof I loved her, because I had to pull my jeans above my knees, and with skinny jeans it is almost impossible to do. It was a little bit painful. So there Ellen, I will endure pain for you. 





Landmark Tower, or as I like to call it Isengard. 


Gotta catch them all!


And more Totoros. 

 Cool sight in the Haneda airport. We parted ways there. It was sad that we were being parted again, but the thing about families, no matter how far away or close you are, they are always there for you. We have had regular facetime chats and mailing cards to each other ever since she left. 

My last view of Tokyo before I had to board my plane. I am grateful that everything worked out and Ellen and I were able to take this trip together. Sisters are the best! I will forever and ever be proclaiming that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day