Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day

Free cone day is up there with my favorite days of the year. If you know me I am a HUGE Ben and Jerry's fan. Huge! I love their ice cream. When a new flavor comes out I know (because I follow them on facebook, ha!) and we pretty much go out and get it within the month it comes out.

 Our last year we lived in NYC, we were two blocks over from the only Ben and Jerry's scoop shop in NYC. They sold pints in the store as well, for a better deal than we could get else where. We bought a lot of ice cream from them. And the scoop shop would have all the new of limited edition flavors, so we got to try lots of them. I am proud to say that I tried Jimmy Fallon's much anticipated "The Tonight Dough" like the day it came out. Ben and Jerry's it is my favorite. 

So now you know I am obsessed with this stuff. 

I have three additions to my list of why I love Singapore, and they are three Ben and Jerry's scoop shops, I am proud to say I have visited all three. The one at Dempsey Hill opened up last spring and have free scoops that day, and we totally went. When there is free Ben and Jerry's I am there. I get really excited about it, and make sure to tell all my friends where ever I am living to make it down there and get some ice cream, especially here in SG. One pint at the grocery store is $13 SGD. And we have lived here long enough that when it goes on sale 3 for $27 SGD we buy it. Sometimes when it is only 2 for $21 SGD. Then there are times where I just need a pint and we pay full price. It is worth it every time. 

Okay, so free scoop day was April 4th, 2017 at all three scoop shops on the island, I looked it up to make sure. I planned on for sure hitting the one at Sommerset up. Easiest one for us to get to, and then from there it was easy to get to the on at Vivo City. And that worked out perfect because there is an amazing play ground and splash pad (with trampolines) for the kiddos to play at. I have to always plan outings around play grounds/places. It saves everyone's sanity. If I was ambitious I was also going to go to Dempsey Hill, which is a lot harder to get to, I would have to take a cab there, which is why I scratched that one off the list. And the best feature of free cone day besides the ice cream is that here in Singapore if you have small children, then they let you cut to the front of the queue. No waiting! Which is incredible, because the waiting time can get outrageous, even for B&J ice cream (I type reluctantly). 

 We had a great day getting our two free cones. I restrained myself and only got one. The kids got two a piece and ate them all. Rapha downed his first one. I was thinking maybe I would get to finish it off, but no. He loves milk, so no brainer that he would love ice cream too. Cosette was so cute and had her orders planned out. Her first cones was vanilla, and second chocolate chip cookie dough. Henry picked out cone sweet cone for his fist cone, and the second he wanted chocolate. Rapha just got what was given to him, sweet cream and cookies, and then New York Super Fudge Chunk. I did get to help him with the second one a bit. The kids participated in some games you could do for prizes, and took lots of pictures with the ice cream cone props. It was really fun. One of those mom days I will smile about for a long time. So glad we had the splash pad at Vivo City to rinse off in after the second cone. The boys were covered in chocolate. Henry was sitting in his swim suit poking his belly and saying "I have a chocolate belly". I love him to pieces. 



He was happy.



Sometimes this is as good as it gets. 


He ate that all by himself!

Love having summer every day.



The chocolate belly!

Ben and Jerry's have free cone day every year to help promote climate change. I did not talk about it with the kids because we were like ice cream, but it brings up a time to talk to them about some global issues and use my political science degree to teach them a bit. Their ice cream was melting really fast, so I could have just said something like our ice cream is melting really fast because it is really hot here and in some cold places it is getting warmer when it shouldn't.... maybe something like that? Anyway, something to keep in mind other than just the getting our free ice cream. 

Thank you Ben and Jerry's for free cone day every year! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day