Best Friends Reunited


Cosette's best friend from NYC came for a visit last weekend! Her Mom is one of my best mom friends from NYC, so it was the best girls weekend. They have relocated to Asia too, so it was a lot easier for them to come visit us. And I am so grateful they did. Anyone who has come all this way to come visit us I have so much love and gratitude for. These friends who just came made my heart so full of love. I am so grateful for their effort to keep the friendship going. 

We kept their visit a secret from Cosette, so it would be a surprise. The best surprise ever! Towards the end I had a hard time not letting it slip, but I held it together. It was actually the most anticlimactic surprise ever. Cosette walked into the playroom and saw her friend and just started. I think she was in shock. It quickly wore off, and the girls picked up right where they left off. It felt like no time had passed at all.

These girls have been together since birth. It has been so sweet to see their friendship continue. They were sharing clothes, talking about school, playing games. It made me happy. And Cosette was so happy!

We took them to our favorite spots in SG: the Art Science Museum, East Coast Park, our pool, and the Singapore Zoo. It sounds like we packed a lot in, but really it was pretty relaxing. The girls went off and did their own thing at the museum, beach, and pool. It was awesome. They are old enough they do not have to be supervised every minute. The boys on the other hand...I was doing a lot of chasing. It helped me reach my steps plus everyday.









Not impressed with the zoo tram. 














Us moms even got a girls night in with another friend in SG. Orchard Road and Bingsu at Ice Lab was perfect. 




We will see if we can recreate this picture in ten years. 


It was the best four days, and I was so sad when they left. Cosette handled it well, which is more important to me. Sometimes I am completely fine after company leaves, but this time it was hard. I do not have a lot of people who I consider a true friend, and these are some friends I know I will have forever.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day