Mother's Day



Mother's Day was a pretty normal day. I did not get breakfast in bed, but I did get a slobbery and snotty wake up kiss from Raphael. That is probably the most classic thing I can think to sum up motherhood. There is always slobber and snot everywhere, at least at the stage I am in. 

The two boys had colds, so we decided that since no one would want them in primary and nursery they would stay home. So it was just me and Cosette at church. 

The Mother's Day musical number was a combined primary and youth performance. They sang More than Enough by Shawna Edwards. It was beautiful, and of course I teared up. It was impossible not too. Cosette was looking at me most of the time. We waved to each other a couple times. I feel inadequate as mother a lot. Watching her sing and seeing how much she has grown kind of made those inadequate feelings disappear. Her smile was so big the whole performance. She had her white tiger, Elsa, with her, which was just perfect. I love the little woman she is becoming. And I am helping her become that little woman. 

The best part of Mother's Day was receiving this questionnaire that Cosette had filled out in her primary class. 

all about my Mom

My Mom's name is Christine.
She is 14 years old. 
Mom and I like to go on dates. Go get treats.
Mom likes to say "I love you"
My Mom really loves dolphins and the color yellow.
She likes to eat pasta.
She likes to drink water.
My Mom's job is to go exercise.
If she had time, she would like to go shopping
Mom is really good at exercising and running.
If I could go anywhere in the world with her, we'd go to the beach.
I love my Mom because she loves me and gives me what I want.
By Cosette Plothow Date 14/5/17

This cracked me up so bad. I love that she thinks I am 14. She only got two things wrong about me: my age, and that I like to eat pasta. I have no idea where she got that from because we really never eat pasta. But she got most everything else right. I love water. I love dolphins and the color yellow. I like love to say "I love you". That one made me beyond happy to read. I try really hard to make sure my kids know I love them. I say it to them all the time, because I want them to have no doubt in their mind that I love them. I guess that my kids know that I really like to exercise. Sometimes they like to do it with me. I had doctors appointments today, and when I got home Henry said he thought I had been at the gym, haha. The part about why she loves me made me happy too. Cosette knows that I love her, and I give her what she wants, haha. That cracked me up. I do not know what she means by I give her what she wants, but okay. 

It is great to see things from their perspective. This little questionnaire made me feel radiant. It's going in the Cosette box forever and ever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day