Things I do not Want to Forget



This past week has been nothing special, just the same old same old. There are a few things each kid has done that I want to remember.

1. Rapha being my best little buddy. Demanding to hold my hand when we walk around. Playing at the pool with them while the big kids are at school. Snuggling on the couch together watching a show or reading books together. His sweet kisses he gives me every morning to wake me up.

2. Henry got two suckers from Sunday school this week. Instead of eating them he shared with Cosette and Rapahael and gave them each a sucker leaving him with none. It was really sweet to see him be so kind to his siblings.  I did give me a piece of chocolate when he got home, so he did get something for being kind.

3. He also told me this week as we were walking to school that he was thinking about Jesus. I do not remember what we were talking about, but as a mother you always worry. My big worry lately is making sure my kids learn the gospel and develop testimonies. It was sweet to hear him say he was thinking about Jesus.

4. After a long sweaty day when I felt totally gross, coming out and Henry exclaiming "Mommy! You look beautiful!" I am lucky to have three men big and little who love me.

5. Cosette learned a lesson this week about honesty. She accidentally broke something at school. It was a total accident, but she was scared to tell her teacher. One of her friends said that if she didn't tell their teacher that they would tell. Cosette came home that day and said that she was not going to go to school anymore to avoid her friend and her teacher. We had a chat about about telling the truth and it can be hard, but the consequences are usually not as bad as we fear them to be. Often times you don't even get in trouble because the person is just happy you told them the truth. And she needed to squash her fear. It was better to tell her teacher the truth so that she would not have to be scared of her friend telling on her and she would not longer have to be scared. It would be over. I do not know if anything I said worked, but later on that day we scootered by her class room. Her teacher was there and Cosette stopped to say "hi". I then said Cosette has something that she needs to tell you, and without hesitation Cosette told her teacher about what happened. Her teacher was very sweet and told her that she was happy she told the truth. And I love that her teacher emphasized that telling the truth was the important thing. I was really proud of her for over coming her fear and doing what was right even though she was scared. She squashed her fear! I never want to forget that experience, and for her to never forget it either.















Parenthood is exhilarating, exhausting, and everything in between. You pretty much go through everything your kids are going through. And these are the sweet things that I never want to forget. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day