A Mighty Good Man

 A very belated Father's Day post, because moving. Sometimes I post about Father's Day, sometimes I do not. This year I want to write about it, because I want to express my gratitude for my sweet husband.

One of our last weeks in Singapore was prepping me for New York. One day in less than an hour I had a grandma yell at Rapha (not at me, my baby!) that he was being too loud (oh and there was only a few people on the train, mind you), then I had the MRT "officers" telling us off about our scooters, then I accidentally had my flash on while taking a video and a museum employee had to harass me about it. I am ashamed to say that I did not act appropriately, and did a lot of sassing to put it nicely. After the museum employee started talking about me to the others in front of me I walked away in tears, first because I was ashamed at the way I acted, second I was so tired and trying to do the best I can with three high energy kids in a city. I called Lyndon in tears, because I am a baby, to ask what time he would be coming home (I never know). He said he had time then, and said he was coming right over to the museum (it's really close to his office). He spent the little time he had playing with the kids, and even had time to have dinner with us. I am so grateful for his willingness to serve me and our family. I did not need him at that moment. I would have been fine if he had not been able to come, but the fact that he did took a big burden off my shoulders when I was feeling so puny. I am really grateful to him for that.

Our kids to not know how lucky they've got it. They have a really good dad. He plays Bunny Blanket with them. He tells them stories about "Jack Henry Frumples" "Bear Chyan", and "Graham Island". He plays all the different versions of Kings Quest there are with them. Teaches them about space, Star Wars, DNA, and all other sorts of stuff that goes over their heads but they love it. He builds Legos with them. He experiments with breakfast smoothies with them every morning, and makes sometimes yummy treats on Sundays. They are really lucky to have him.

This space I get to talk about whatever I want, and I wanted to talk about Father's Day, and to express my gratitude to Lyndon for taking care of us amidst this busy ever changing life we are living. Plus, he is everyone's favorite. Henry tells me "I love Daddy the best". I do too baby boy. I do too.

A few pictures from an afternoon visiting the Orchid Garden at the Singapore Botanic Gardens. Lyndon had not been, and he needed to see this place. Cosette said on the way over, "Daddy, we have seen Singapore. You have only worked in Singapore". And that is truth. Had to squeeze some Singaporean sights with him before we left.




  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day