A Tale of Two Birthdays


I should have combined all three of our birthdays in one post, but I started on Cosette's before I thought about it. So here is the how the rest of our Birthday Week went.

Rapahael turned two! We had a low key celebration because he does not understand the concept of birthdays yet. And when you have three birthdays in four days, you have some cake logistics to figure out. That will be a challenge for me in the years to come. I am still working on it, but this year the solution was to go out for ice cream. We had him open his presents after dinner. He was gifted Henry's old scooter, which made his two year old life. You should see him on that thing. He is a speed demon. Since he now has his own scooter we got him a helmet. When he opened it he immediately put it on. Lastly, he got a set of foam swords, and shields. He loves that kind of stuff, and it was perfect because it will not cause too much damage to anything or anyone. We went to Baskin Robbins to get some ice cream cones. We sang "Happy Birthday" to him, and it was so cute. He had the biggest smile on his face, while kicking his legs. He clapped his hands with joy when it was over.



Matching ice cream colors to her outfit. 




Birthday buddies!

Two year old Raphael is sweet. He is a lover. I get hugs and kisses from him every day. When he sees me in the morning, he runs up to me and hugs me around my legs. I love that. He is very independent, climbing on everything. He is a leader. He gets his siblings ready to race and yells "Go!" while they run up and down the hallway. He also likes to point and tell me where to go while I am holding him. When he speaks to me, he makes sure I am paying attention to him. His language has really taken off, and he is a little chatter box. He has officially been one of our little pack for a while with his sibs. He will growl and chase them around the house. That's the funniest because he is the smallest, chasing all the bigger kids.




I turned 29. It was another low key celebration with blueberry pie and homemade ice cream. The ladies in my family went out for pedicures, and we went black berry picking in the morning. The only thing that was missing was Lyndon. He made sure to know that he was thinking of me. I came home to flowers, and a singing birthday card. He always goes all out for my birthday, and I really appreciate him for it.

I received a lot of love from friends and family around the world. That really means a lot to me. I am sincerely grateful for all those who took the time to wish me happy birthday. It has been a lot harder transition from Singapore to the States than I anticipated. The last month we have been in another country or State every week. We have enjoyed ourselves, but that is a lot of constant change for anyone. I have not had time to really process our move, and now it is hitting me hard. With that, it was really heart warming to receive all the messages. I teared up reading the them. I am getting more and more sappy every year, haha.

I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish in the last year of the my twenties. I have some ideas, I really want to focus on enjoying the moment with my kids. I want to be better about getting to bed, because sleep does wonders. I am going to continue to work on my running, and do some more races. I want to do a half marathon, so I better find one to work towards. I also want to work more on creating my own sewing patterns. I have really enjoyed sewing and I want to be able to better recreate things that I see. And I stocked up on fabric before I left Singapore, so I need to get a sewing. So yeah, I have a few plans for this next year.

One last Happy Birthday to my Rapha, and a big thanks to everyone who made my day special. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day