My Kid's Like Museums, What?!

 I titled this post after we had two really great success at some art museums/other museums, and then the next two we visited were total disasters. So I should say my kids like certain types of art museums. I was so surprised that they had fun at these museums I was so excited to take them to more. So yeah, my kids like some art museums, and that makes me so excited.

Our first great museum success was to the Chinatown Heritage Centre. That got me excited to take them to some more museums, since they "could" handle it.

The next museum we visited was Singapore Art Museum (SAM). They had an exhibition called Imaginarium: To the Ends of the Earth. It was amazing. Cosette and Henry just loved it. It was great, because most of the art pieces you could touch and interact with. I am a huge fan of that, especially with my kids.

The exhibition was focused on closely looking at our environment, nature, people, etc. We got to take a closer look at our world in Singapore.




 This piece was really interesting. There were marble pieces with pictures from around Singapore. You had to get closet to them and see what they were. It was fun trying to guess what every place was.




Unicorn horn piece. 








 This piece was my favorite. The artist created worlds from dreams. I thought about dreams that I can remember from childhood, and ya know life, and about all the different place you can travel to with your imagination. I loved this piece. I think that children can really relate to the bright colors, and how the boundaries are limitless to imaginary worlds.


 Next exhibit we tried to see, but ended up being a disaster was Yayoi Kusama's exhibition at the National Gallery. I have two friends tell me I needed to see this, and I really wanted to. We made it through one exhibit after waiting in a long line for our tickets. You win some you loose some. Just glad I got to experience some of it.



I will be taking my kids to more art museums in the future. These experiences have given me a lot of hope that you can have successful museum outings with kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day