New York, New York!

I have so much to catch up on here, but I'm going to start with our most recent adventure: New York City! 

We went to find an apartment, but it was also my first time going to New York without kids. The first time I went to the city Cosette was five weeks old. I vividly remember looking down at the city and wonder how I would ever figure out the concrete jungle. I never imagined how much I would come to love this city and could not imagine living anywhere else, at least in the US. 

Our kid free week in NYC was like a second honeymoon. We spent a lot of time looking for a place to live, but we made sure to do a lot of play. I know it sounds so cliche to say it was the best week and I had so much fun spending time with Lyndon, but it was the best week. We both wished it would last longer. It was really great for our relationship. Going on trips just the two of us is so refreshing. I can write a lot about how much I love the one on one time I get with my hubs. It is so good for my soul.   

We had a long enough stay, but it went by way too quickly. We did all the things that are harder to do with kids. We ate all the food we have I have been dreaming about since leaving the City. All the Broadway shows we could get cheap tickets, and win the lottery for, plus Shakespeare in the Park. It is our favorite summertime activity. We were super lucky and got tickets to opening night of a Midsummer's Night Dream. Lyndon's ticket was a front row seat! We got so lucky with tickets. We won Broadway lottery tickets for On Your Feet, and Cats. Plus, we bought tickets for Phantom of the Opera. All four shows we saw were amazing, and we are now obsessed with musicals. I cannot stop singing "Mr. Mistofelees". I got to eat my curry beef tacos from Takumi Taco at Chelsea Market. I have been thinking about those since we left for Singapore. We rode bikes through Central Park, rented a rowboat for an hour. Totally touristy, but things that we have never done, and it was so fun. Had brunch at Norma's with wonderful friends and got to see a good friend before she moves away. 

And I fell in love with the City all over again. It has been hard to leave Singapore, but there is no where else I would rather be going back to. Taylor Swift says it best, "like any great love, it keeps you guessing, like any real love, it's ever-changing, like any true love, it drives you crazy, but you wouldn't change anything", except weekend trains. 

Tiny Statue of Liberty in the background. I love seeing her and all that she represents. 

View from our service apartment. One World Trade Center is another great reminder how amazing this city is. 

Sea Glass Carousel at twilight. Best time to ride on it. The colors and fishes really come to life. 



Living on the edge. 

First stop the temple. I love the temple so much. I am overjoyed that we will be close to one again. I have missed being able to go and feel the spirit that only the temple can provide. It is truly a place of refuge amidst the noise of the world. 

Levain Bakery chocolate peanut-butter chip cookie. I will never regret eating this bad boy and part of Lyndon's too. 

Make way for geese.

Central Park! My second favorite place in the City after the temple. 



Sexiest husband alive. 



Upper West Side!

Perseverance pays off! We stood in line to get tickets at noon for Shakespeare in the Park, and were unsuccessful.We went back that night to try and get standby tickets. We were successful and got two tickets. They were not together, but there was a front row seat for my man!

Eataly and the Flat Iron building. 

Enjoying the view from the Whitney Museum of American Art. 


We're so Mormon, and everybody know now, because we took a selfie with the temple. 



Sitting in our front row seats (!!!!!) to On Your Feet

Henry will be so happy we found a gharial in NYC. 

Phantom!



First time for both of us at the Frick Collection. My favorite thing we did on the trip. Children under 10 are not allowed, which is a bummer, because this place is incredible. 

Fountain inside the Frick surrounded by orchids. A little piece of Sing in NYC. 

CATS! We were not sure what to expect, but it was amazing. The dancing alone was incredible. Those actors are talented. 





It still blows my mind that  I get to live here. NYC was never on my radar, and I never expected to love living here so much. Grateful I get to call this place home once again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day