Apple Picking with a Video


We continued our fall tradition of going to Barton Orchards to go apple picking. I had never done apple picking until we moved up here, and now I look forward to it every year. We have enjoyed visiting Barton Orchards over the years. Their produce is really good, and has a fantastic corn maze, which for Lyndon is the biggest draw. 

The kids had fun riding the tractor, jumping on pumpkins, literally rolling around in the dirt, and petting the ponies. Rapha actually climbed into the pony's pasture! I had to jump over the fence and get him out. Not that he was in any danger, but ya know. He loved petting the ponies! Watch the video and the very last clip is of him feeding grass to the pony. His excitement over it adorable. No other way to describe it. It is the cutest. 

The kids took over apple picking. We got the bag, found our row, and they took charge. 

The corn maze there is huge, and intense. Lyndon loves it. I just want to get to the exit as soon as possible, but he wants to wander through the entire thing. This one had a mystery to solve, so of course we are all trying to find all the clues. We ended up being the last ones out of the maze. They had to come and find us, because in true Plothow fashion, we ignored them when they said to go to the nearest bridge. We took the long route to it. 

The kids have been snacking on apples all week. I made some homemade apple sauce. I guess I just need to make some pie, or have Lyndon make it. I stopped baking things like I used too, so the poor man is having to bake things himself. He is really good at it too. 









I'm obsessed with pumpkins. I love them. I do not know why, but they just make me happy. 



The posed apple picked....

...and the real one.









We got our apples, our pumpkin, and memories. It was a perfect fall day. 

Past apple picking post here, here, and here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World