Our Spooky Weekend

This past weekend was Halloween heaven. We called it our spooky weekend to get the kids excited about everything. Not that they needed help to get excited, but it just made it more fun. 

The highlight of our spooky weekend was a trip to the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze. This is our family's favorite Halloween outing. There are hundreds, thousands of jack o'lanterns carved and made into amazing creations. It is pure Halloween heaven! 

We took a ton of photos, because it is impossible not to. 

First sequence of photos: who wore the Jack O'Lantern better....? Definitely not me. I think it's a tie between Coco and Rapha. I cannot chose. 



He did the mash, the monster mash. 




Pumpkin Zee Bridge. Laughed at that one. There is a bridge close by called the Tappan Zee Bridge, haha. 






Hangin with the Cake Boss.

No funny poses please. 

The train was one of my favorites. It was just cool, and so well done. 

Circus train!



This year the" tunnel of love" as we call it turned into the tunnel of stars. It was stunning!



This carousel! It was my other favorite. It actually moved, and the animals went up and down. It was amazing!


We got there super late, which turned out to be perfect. We were in the last group to go through. No crowds. We could lingers as long as we wanted. Best of all I got lots of Rapha snuggles. 

Okay, another favorite because I really like sending cards. Loved the post stamps series. 


Henry's face! We could only get pictures of him if he could do a funny face. 

Wanna boogie?

Henry's version of the Monster Mash.
He keeps going with those faces. I love it!







I am not a fan of rats or mice, but this one I could take home. 

The clock of doom. 



Van Courtlandt Manor in all its Halloween glory. I love the jack o'latern lite up in the front of this pic. 

Paying tribute to Sleepy Hollow's headless horseman. 

PERFECT Halloween scene!




We laughed and admired how creatively this one was carved. The steam for a nose is genius. 

Coco has heart eyes for this one. 
Maybe it is because we have missed it the last couple of years, but we were floored with how incredible it was. We had so much fun, mostly because we were the last ones there. The kids were mesmerized by the jack in the box creation. We could have stayed for so much longer. I am loving sharing my love and excitement for this holiday and fall season. Glad my kids are picking up on it, and loving it as well. 

Happy Halloween season peeps!

Past Blaze posts here, here, and here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day