Rock Climbing and Shakespeare


We went out and explored an area of Central Park close to our home a couple of weeks ago. This area of rocks juts out into what we call The Lake. I have seen it and always wanted to go and check it out. The boys and I went one morning before Henry started school, and we had a blast exploring, so we had to take the rest of the crew there. You can hop around on the rocks in the water. There a tons of turtles sun bathing, or swimming around. The ducks and geese paddle up close. And the city views! They are spectacular. 

I love the Upper West Side. Central Park is one of my happy places here. We spend so much time here. It is really magical. I love spending time here.  



Twinners








Lyndon found a spot outside the Natural History Museum with really good acoustics to perform Shakespeare plays. We have gone down a few weekends and performed some plays together as a family. Romeo and Juliet, King Lear, and one more I cannot remember. We do the super abridged version, cause attention spans are short. I am not sure how the much the kids are into, but there have been a lot of laughs from us all, especially when Henry plays the fool. 


Our performing troop. 

We take our Shakespeare acting pretty seriously. I love that this is one of Lyndon's dreams, to perform Shakespeare with the kids. It is so Lyndon! I like putting our dreams into action.

We are a kooky bunch, but I love us for it. We are distinguishing ourselves as the eccentric Shakespeare Family Performers! We have been taking things a lot slower, hardly ever leaving our neighborhood. It's so nice. To many more family rocking climbing sessions and Shakespeare productions. Weekends are now my favorite. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day