A New York Halloween


I think everyone have talked to recently has said that this has been the best Halloween season yet. And it has! For us, it is because the kids are old enough to get really into the holiday. That made it a lot of fun. 

We had a classic Halloween characters theme. Cosette wanted to be a black cat, so she could blend into the darkness. Henry, a glow in the dark black skeleton. Raphael was Dracula, because he bites. The kids told me I was going to be a witch, and I told Lyndon he was going to be Frankenstein. There you go. 

I guess, I wasn't quite your classic witch. I decided to be Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service. Best part was wearing the giant bow. You think since I love the holiday so much I would love dressing up in costume, but that is not my favorite part. This year was the first year I actually dressed up well for it. I will have to work on it. 

This was our best trick or treating experience in NYC. We trick or treated at the stores up and down Amsterdam. It was great. They were giving out good candy. I thought it was just going to be tootsie rolls, but no! Lots of Resee's cups got put into those bags, which in turn I put into my stomach. Some stores like Insomnia cookie, and shake shack were giving out whole cookies, and ice cream! Those are some treats I will not pass up. 

We ended up going down one of the blocked off streets, where the brownstones go all out. The decorations are incredible. It was crazy packed, but so cool. One brownstone had their first floor set up as a haunted house we could walk through. Another had people dressed up like demons attached to the windows moving around. Made the whole experience even more incredible. NYC just never lets you down. 

There are certain blocks that get closed off for Halloween "block parties". The brownstones go all out and are decorated top to bottom. 

Big Boo is my favorite Mario character forever!

Henry's Halloween Party at school, where he sang the cutest Halloween songs, and got the coolest balloon octopus ever. 

No Kiki is compelte with out her Jiji.

This kid would not wear his cape, so he was called a waiter, and after Aunt Bunny left some lipstick on his cheek, the Bachelor, haha. 


Aunt Bunny was here to celebrate with us. She completed our classic Halloween characters, and was a pumpkin. 





Running into friends every street we walked down. 


Cosette wanted to hand out candy after we trick or treated. We sat on our stoop trying to hand candy out. Then we moved to the main street because we weren't getting any people down ours. Someone thought we were selling candy and gave her a dollar, ha! It was a lot of fun wishing everyone a "Happy Halloween". One kid was so cute, and gave Cosette a piece of candy, because she "shared" with her.

Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day