At it Again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite holidays, mostly because I am in charge of the cooking, so I get to make the food I like. Really it is because it is such a great time of year to be in the city. The Macy's Parade is my favorite Thanksgiving tradition. Watching the balloon inflation the day before, then getting up and waiting for the parade. It is just so much fun. There is an energy that the holidays and tradition like this bring and fuel our excitement and memory making. 

This is the fourth year we have done the parade. We have it down to a science, at least I like to think we do. Lyndon and whatever other dudes are visiting us go down and save us a spot around 4:30. Then I bring the kids down at 6:30 and we wait until the parade starts at 9. We dress like it is the snow apocalypse, bring tons of snacks, and blankets. That is the not so fun part, but it is so worth it. The parade is incredible. I love it so much. It really is so exciting once it starts.

This year my parents and sister were in town. Out of the four years we have done the parade, my sister has been with us for three of them. It was my parent's first time doing the parade and it was a hit. Seeing Jimmy Fallon was the highlight for my dad. My Mom had mentioned that she wanted to see Sesame Street on this trip, and we were able to check that off with the Sesame Street float in the parade. The kids are older, and were able to enjoy the parade a lot more than in the past. Henry and Rapha were so excited to see Chase, from Paw Patrol, the dragon, and the dinosaur. Cosette loved Hello Kitty of course. We did not know who most of the celebrities on the floats were, which means we are old and living under a rock. The Goo goo dolls were there, and I got them to look at me! Then 98 Degrees was there and my tween dreams came true when I got Drew and Nick Lachey to give me a wave. Swooning over here, haha.






It's starting!!!!


I love Olaf, and Frozen. I would watch it without my kids. 




This float, creepy or funny? He is chasing his acorn, but I couldn't fit it in. Super funny/creepy pic.  






I love all the matching vests all the float workers wear. 


Jimmy Fallon!









This float was in the original Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Nice to see him still flying. 









My doppleganger after all the feasting we I have done. 







98 Degrees!!

The Drape Darts representing Lyndon's home state.





The parade is over and we are ready to get outta here.
Dancing or chasing each other the last leg of our walk home. 

It's good to be back home and participating in some of our beloved traditions. We have a lot to be grateful for. Other than family and friends, I think our little family can all say that we are very thankful to be in NYC. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day