Fall Colors


Rapha is one lucky kid because he gets to spend everyday all day with me, haha. I've been kind of in a rut lately when it comes to outings. I used to take the kids out and do all sorts of outings and go exploring. 

Since moving back to NYC, I have rarely even left my neighborhood. One on hand it's nice because I do not need to, but on the other hand our routine is getting kind of dull. Except for grocery shopping. We grocery shop at Trader Joe's together once a week, and we both look forward to it. Me, because I am a weirdo and love grocery shopping. Rapha, because there are samples, and sometimes I let him pick a treat. The perks of going to the store with Mom. Long story short, I am trying to spice up our routine, even if we do not leave the neighborhood. 

There is nothing wrong with having the same routine. A friend posted on Instagram the other day that routines are what your kids will remember, so it's good to document it for them/posterity. I used to have one day a week where I would take Cosette out on a big outing when she was little and I just had one. I am kind in that place now, with only Rapha at home. I love that we do not have to travel outside our neighborhood, but I am a adventurous soul. I love changing things up. Sometimes I will walk a different route to pick the kids up from school just for a "change of pace". 

Spicing up our routine is something that I am wanting to work on. We live in NYC, and there is so much to see and take advantage of. I want to get the most out of our time here, because we never know how long we are going to be some place.  All of this lead to my determination to go and see the fall colors at the pond today. 

We walked up to our old neighborhood, where we lived right before we left for Sing. The pond in Central Park is right there is bursting with fall color right now. The leaves are amazing! Heart eyes for eternity. We spent some time this morning wandering around the pond and enjoying meandering and taking our time. Rapha loved running around, trying to jump into the pond, seeing the ducks, petting/getting licked by dogs, and searching for squirrels. I loved seeing the colors, getting to pet an 11 week old puppy, working on my photo skills (which need a lot of work), and spending time with Rapha when we are both in good moods. Good moods equals a good time. 








He requested to take a picture, a selfie!

I look through my pics, and I have so many of the back of my kids. I am just constantly chasing after them. I need to figure out to get ahead of them, so I can have pics of their faces.  



Stick collecting.

Squirrel hunting.

Water fall chasing. 

Yeah, my photo skills need work. 

The colors! This is what I think of when I think of fall. 



First attempt at getting a pic. This was as good as it got. 

Beautiful spot for a snack break. 




Finally! Except it's blurry. Got a lot of work ahead of me. 
Thank you fall colors for helping to motivate me to "spice" up my routine, and I didn't even have to leave the neighborhood. Next time I will take the train somewhere, so I can legitimately say I am spicing things up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day