School Time: Field Trip to the Farm

I was a chaperon for Cosette's class on their first field trip of the year to the Queens County Farm Museum. I really wanted to go, because it is the fall field trip and they were going pumpkin picking. I have an obsession with pumpkins, I am learning. I wanted to go to another pumpkins patch this season. 

It was nice to get to know the kids in Cosette's class and spend some time with them. We passed Citi Field where the Met's play, and a couple of the boys freaked out. It was really cute to see them get so excited. 

At the Farm we got to see farm animals (the pigs were everyone's favorite), a pumpkin patch, take a tractor ride and learn a little bit about the cultivation of pumpkins. 

It was really nice to be involved in the class. I miss being in the class room with the kids. I got to be extremely involved in both big kids' classes in Singapore, but not so much now. I am so lucky to have all the hands on classroom involvement Singapore offered me. I lucked out again being able to go on the field trip. 










The only picture I got of the two of us, and it was taken by a six year old. That is school/field trip life for ya.

We've had to make a lot of adjustments moving back from Sing. School has been a big one. I am grateful for her school (it's a really good one). Going on the field trip is helping me love it more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day