First Snow

We had our first snow of the season yesterday! I was not looking forward to it at all. On the other hand, Cosette was so excited. She kept saying, "I've been waiting my whole life for this". Even with my Grinch attitude about snow, I will admit I was happy it came. It was really magical. First snow of the season, first snow we've experienced in two years, Henry's first snow he will remember, and Raphael's first snow ever. That made it an especially special snowy day.

We were by the Lincoln Center and stopped for a snow ball fight. I found the magic of snow again while playing with the kids.  It was really fun while we lasted. We were done after half an hour. It was just a wee bit cold. We are still acclimatizing over here.

A short film below of the beginning of our winter "fun". Praying that the snow magic will last all winter. We just need to buy proper snow gear, and a sled. 


-
Cosette asked me for my phone to take this picture. She's been asking for snow, and doing a special snow dance at school for snow. Finally got her wish.



What's this?



Let the snow ball fight begin!





HENRY!





Weather is a funny thing. The last two years we experienced consistent and predictable weather. Every day was pretty much the same. The sun rose and set around the same time everyday. It made things pretty simple. Here it is ever changing, and unpredictable. I have to check my weather app everyday now to make sure everyone is dressing properly.

Our first winter we were married, it was the coldest winter Europe had experienced in 25 years. We were completely unprepared, and I vowed I would never be cold again. I learned a lot from that experience, especially the importance of investing in high quality winter gear. That makes a huge difference.

Snow marks the beginning of winter in my book mind. It can be a hard time of year. The sun goes down around 4:30 pm. We have to stay indoors more. The sky has been grey for the past few days. When the sun does come out, it brings life into everything it touches. The snow is bringing up all these thoughts.

There are still things to enjoy. The things I am looking forward to this winter season are eating lots of hearty soup, hot chocolate with marshmallows, more snowball fights, and lots of museum visit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day