The Best Way to End the Year

Is playing games New Year's Eve of course. That and being with family and friends. We took a spontaneous trip to Tennessee for the New Year. We had planned on staying in NYC, but plans changed when my sister sent me a picture of them wedding dress shopping for my other sister. I really wanted to be there, because I have not been involved in a lot of big family events since we have always lived away.

It was fate that we go, because we found a rental car two blocks away and got on the road less than two hours after deciding we were going. It was a whirl wind trip, but it was amazing. We got out of the city for some of the freezing weather NYC was experiencing, and got to relax.
Wearing his road trip "crown".


I visited my Grandpa's grave, which was really special for me. I had a close relationship with him. One his marker it has the inscription "together forever" for him and my Grandma. I am so grateful to be apart of an eternal family. 

Lyndon, breaking into prison. This is a 150 (or several years according to my Dad) year old prison that the boys passed on their hike. 

When your kid gets your phone....



 Cosette came with us girls dress shopping, and got to be there when her aunt said yes to the dress! It was really special being there with my sisters, mom, and baby girl. She also picked out a dress for me to wear to the wedding.

The kids with their great grandma.  I am so glad that she knows each of my kids.




Cosette and Pa hanging up the pine cone bird feeders  they made together.


I got to meet my new niece! We share our Ma's name (my first, her middle). It was extra special meeting her and remembering the great woman we are named after. 

Henry got to fulfill his wish "camping" with Pa. The boys went on a hike and roasted hot dogs, and that was good enough for Henry to call camping.

My Dad and I finally saw the new Star Wars with Lyndon and Henry. Henry choose to see Star Wars over Ferdinand, and I love that he loves Star Wars so much. Cosette got to see Ferdinand, which she has been dying to see, with her Grandma and uncle.

We played some new games. Cosette is now obsessed with the game Snake Oil. We played it so many times in the three times we were there, among others. We visited with some of our favorite Tennessee people. And see some more Christmas lights.

For a brief moment all my entire family was together. We have not all been together since my sister got married in 2013.

We ended the trip with counting down the clock and welcoming in 2018. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day