Eight Years

We celebrated eight years together this past week. Lyndon and I were both saying how fast it has gone by, but when we think about all we have done time quickly slows down. I can definitely say that these years have been the most interesting and exciting of my life.

We are at the point where I have to remind myself that our anniversary is coming up. I kept telling myself the day before that tomorrow was our anniversary. Lyndon always pulls out all the stops, and had given me a present early. I wanted to do something special for him. Our favorite summer tradition is going to Shakespeare in the Park. We hadn’t been this summer. I prayed pleading with Heavenly Father that I could get tickets to see it that day. He came through! Tickets are given out to first come first serve at noon. The kids and I got there at 11:45, because not waiting for hours with three kids. When noon came the line slowly inches forward. I kept waiting to hear the call that all the tickets were gone, but it never came. Before it was our turn, they said that there were still tickets, but the seats were not together. I didn't care. I just wanted at least one ticket, so Lyndon could go. Finally our group was up! We were getting tickets! Every person five and up is eligible to receive two tickets. I got two, and Cosette got two, cause we had friends who wanted to go. When they gave us the tickets, they said that seats were together, and we were really lucky. Then I had to get a babysitter, and I got one easily! Heavenly Father came through big time.

We got to double celebrating this year, and I am so grateful I was able to do something special for Lyndon. He puts up with me and takes good care of us. Plus, when I ask him which shoes to get, he says both! I picked a good one.


We have made a point to go on more dates this year. I have loved the one on one time with my honey. It makes me love him more. 








My favorite memory from these eights years, is having to spend the night at the St. Pancras train station in London. We sat at a 24-hour Starbucks, drinking hot chocolate and reading The Princess Bride till the first train left for Cambridge in the morning. I would do it all over again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day