Happy Thanksgiving from New York, New York!


Happy Thanksgiving! We kept up with our Macy's Parade tradition. The kids and I went and saw the balloon inflation the day before. Then went to the parade the next day. 

We had the nicest weather ever for the parade. First time in our six years doing it, my toes have not been numb at the end. It was windy, and you will see some problems with the balloons in the parade. They flew (low to the ground), but they flew! The crowd would cheer for the balloons as they passed saying, "go, go, go, go". We were in a spot where the wind hit them just right. Those balloon holders did awesome. No casualties from our view.  

There is some point every year at the parade where I question myself, why are we doing this? I was kind of grumpy when we got there, but all smiles and cheering obnoxiously loud, especially when the Black Eyed Peas float passed us. The celebrity line up this year was really good, especially for 90s kids. Highlights: Cosette got to see a lot of horses, Black Eyed Peas, TLC, Idina Menzel (!!!!!!!), Jimmy Fallon and the Roots, Snoopy astronaut balloon, Green Eggs and Ham float, Pikachu, awesome dance groups, great marching bands whose costumes were outstanding, and Chase from Paw Patrol.  It was awesome. So much cheering and screaming from me. I had a couple of friends who participate in the parade, and I got to see them help Chase down Central Park West! I didn't realize they were in the parade, and was cheering really loud for them as they passed. It really made it feel like a small town parade seeing friends participate. 

So excited to see Idina Menzel. We are obsessed with Frozen 2. I played the sound track all weekend long. This will all make sense when I am older.... what was that?...Samantha??? Such great music. The kids and I were having lots of three minute dance parties.

It was a really nice, low key holiday. Lyndon had to work some, but was able to come out and do a lot with us. Dinner was easy, and everything tasted good, despite my terrible New York City oven. My pumpkin pie came out brown, not burnt, just brown??? I think it was because my oven had to be on too long. Tasted really good though, promise. 

The City is all ready for Christmas now. It is the most wonderful time of the year to be in New York. I am so excited for the next few weeks to come. 

Happy Thanksgiving! Grateful for anyone who still keeps up with us on here. 

Side note: I wrote an article for Global Women On Tour website on tips for the Macy's parade. If you want to look at it, check it out here


She was so excited to see the horses. 

My new favorite balloon. Snoopy astronaut made his debut flight this year.

Balloon inflation 2019.

They have been enjoying Green Eggs and Ham on Netflix. Super excited to see Gus I am and Sam I am in IRL. 



I got these awesome glasses from Paper Source for us to wear to the parade. Everyone loved getting a chance to be a turkey.


We love you Olaf! When I asked the kids who they like better in Frozen 2, Anna or Elsa? They said Olaf.




Really cool new float this year.

Confetti! We found some in our camping chairs from last year's parade. Cosette held her hat out to have them put it in. I will be finding it through out the apartment until next Thanksgiving. 

Happy Thanksgiving from a bunch of turkeys!

And another one, because this little turkey was not looking at the camera.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day