Mid-Winter Break

We had a lovely week off  mid February. We stayed here and enjoyed not having a schedule. That was my favorite part. We could sleep in, leave the house later, stay up past bed time and not have to worry about being anywhere we did not have to be.

We used our Disney Plus like never before, and watch a different movie every night. Our list: White Fang, Sonic (at the movie theatre), Toy Story 4, Moana, Monsters University, Star Wars Episode I.





Three different types of dumplings on one plate. My mouth is watering. 

We're Super Sonic! Best movie I have seen in a long time. I loved it. The kids did too, which is why we went. Casting and story were great. It has Jim Carrey in it. I love Jim Carrey! Rapha threw up his hands and cheered in the middle when Sonic destroyed a car. It was super sonic cute. We have been dancing around singing Super Sonic for a while now. 

Rock climbing is our new thing. After going with my Dad at Christmas (here), Cosette has been wanting to go again. I found a really nice gym by Columbus Circle we went to with some friends. It was a hit, and Henry got really into it. I am so proud of him! He refused to go when we were in Tennessee. I was not sure how he was going to do, but he rocked it. He got harnessed up, and went for it. There was bouldering for kids 8 and older and climbing walls with auto blaeys for everyone. Henry was able to blaey himself, and off he went. There will be a next time and fingers crossed he will go even higher than he did this time.



We celebrated Pusheen's Birthday with Pizza at Patsy's. Fitting for a cat who loves to be lazy and eat. If you do not know about Pusheen, you should. She is a funny, lazy cat animation based of the artists' real cat. We have the calendar and it has Pusheen's birthday on it, so we had to celebrate it. It was on the calendar. Getting into the spirit of it, I let the kids pick out a pusheen plush, and I got a pusheen purse to take out for the celebration. Super whimsy for us to celebrate, but what would life be without some whimsy in it?

We had decent temperatures and the sun was out. We made it to the Bronx Zoo with Grandma who came to visit! Ages since we had been to the zoo, and it was so nice to visit the animals. We saw the Wild African Dogs, Hyenas (they freak me out! Their stomach acid is so acidic is dissolves everything, even bones. If they eat you, you are gone fool), giraffes (much better), gorillas, everything in the Mouse house, tons of phesants, rhinosaurus, grizzy bears and the sea lions! It was the perfect way to end the break. 
Precious Rapha, as he called himself this morning. But look at him! PRECIOUS! If I was Golem, he would be my precious.

There were play dates, play ground visit, dentist appointments, and a couple other trips to Trader Joe's thrown in there too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day