The Last Hurrah

Things have been pretty busy around here. Cosette is very very mobile. She is crawling everywhere and holding on to things and getting around. She can stand by herself for moments at a time! As I am typing she has pulled all her books out of the book shelf. Like mother like daughter. My Momma will tell you I pulled many a book out as a baby. Lyndon has been busy with finals. We have not seen much of each other these last couple of weeks. I have been busy with trying to get us ready to leave for the summer (we leave in three days!!!). My parents came to visit for a few days giving us the opportunity to have one last hurrah before we leave.


 Momma came up a few days before Dad. She was very happy to have Cosette all to herself.


Coco gave Grandma her tour of NYC wchich was taking Grandma to play at the park. 




I had to take Mom to visit the Cake Boss. She is an exceptional cake maker herself. 



Coco was not as excited as we were to see Carlo's Bake Shop again. The lobster tails were worth it though. 


So the deal at the Cake Boss bakery is that you wait in a line if there are a lot of people tyring to get in. So we waited and waited. While we were waiting Cosette's nap time cam upon us. She was so tired and so Mom and I took turns walking around with her. It was my turn and I took her into the CVS or Rite Aid to distract her and try to get her closer to sleep. When I came out I thought the line had moved up and Mom was in the bakery. So I went up and told the guy mananging the door that I thought my Mom had gone inside and I just needed to check and see if she was in there. He was cool and let me in! When I realized that Mom was not in the bakery I went back outside and right as I walked out the door the line had moved up and Mom was next to be let into the bakery. She was really surprised to see me walk out the door. 


There was a fair right in front of Columbia when we got back with a petting zoo. Coco loved petting the animals, excpet for the alpaca. It was making a weird noise. 


Dad joined us on Sunday night. He braved the drive from Tennessee to New York all by himself. Brave man. 


We went down to Battery Park to take a ferry to Elis Island but skipped out because the line was way to long. We visited Castle Clinton instead.  Castle Clinton is a fort  that was built prior to the war of 1812 to defend the city. However it was never used to defend the city. Above is Dad with one of the cannons that was never used. 

Mom inside Casle Clinton with the downtown skyline in the background. 


We took a trip over to Madison Garden where the Flat Iron building is located. It is one of my favorite buildings. The idea behind the architecture is that it is a column that has been streched out. 


We enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Shake Shack located in Madison Garden. I had been wanting to try it out for a while and I am happy to say that it did not disappoint. 


We went to the main branch of the NYC Public Library and found the original Whinie the Pooh bear and friends in the childrens section. 




We stopped by the Empire State building but did not go up. Not worth the cost.




We did go inside. 



The Toys R' Us in Times Square is pretty much the coolest store ever! Dad had not been yet so we had to 
take him and let get intouch with his inner child. 

Giant Hulk mad compelety out of legos.


I love this store! Huge replica of a T-Rex from Jurassic Park. It roars, moves, and makes you so happy that dinosaurs no longer roam the earth. 


They have a lot of the famous buildings made out of legos on display and switch them out every so often. I was really excited to see that the Woolsworth building had been put out on display. The Woolsworth building  is the first true skyscraper. Lyndon and I love this building! 


Cosetter enjoyed having Grandma and Grandpa come visit. She even let them hold her sometimes. 
When it was time for them to leave she was sad to see them go, 
as was I. 
Now ready to move on to our next adventure. 

Comments

  1. Christine, we're so happy that you became a part of the Shake Shack family by visiting us for the first time. We hope you had a great weekend with visitors, and our team can't wait to see you again soon at the Shack!

    -Brandy, Shake Shack

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day