Ayala Museum

One great thing about living any where are the museums. Last week I passed by the Ayala Museum when I was out by a friend and decided I had to go.



There are four floors to the museum and the best way to see it is start on the top floor. The fourth floor exhibits are Asian ceramics, Gold of Ancestors, and embroidered multiples. The ceramic exhibit was great! The cermanics in the exhibit were primarily trade ceramics. There were explanations about which province/country specialized in the different colors.
The thrid floor housed two exhibits of Filipino artists. Victorio Edades had a whole exhibit to himself. He is known as the father of Philippine modern painting. The second exhibit is Pioneers of Philippine Art the works of three artists: Juan Luna, Fernando Amorsolo, and Fernando Zobel.
The second floor had dioramas about the history of the Philippines complete with headset. I was only able to listen to one of the historical messages before Cosette ripped off my head phones so that was that. We just walked through the rest of the exhibit. Cosette was intrested in some of the dioramas more than others and let me know with her cute sqeaks and grunts. My favorite of the diaramahs was about WW II. The island Corregador was used as a US military base in WWII and people can still go and visit it. We are planning on going there sometime this month. The exhibit helped me get a little bit of background before we go.
The ground floor exhibit is small but neat. The exhibit is called Timeless. A Filipino artist, Manuel Baldemor, spent three years in Switzerland and  all he did was paint the Swiss villages and alpes. The paintings were smiliar in their subject but he used many different materials with each one so they were all different. I loved the landscapes he painted. I wish I had pictures to show but no photography in the museum.
Beautiful garden behind the museum.



Other museums I want to check out before we leave are the Mind Museum, and National Museum of the Philippines. We see what wonders those museums hold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day