Summer Part 1: Tennessee!


First half of the summer we spent with family down south. The words that sum up our time there are swimming, cereal, zoo, family, friends, and watermelon. Lots of watermelon. 

I say this all the time, but we are so lucky to have friends everywhere we go. Our Tennessee friends are the best, and always show us a good time. They are so good about planning activities sand inviting us. I always look forward to meeting up with them. We all pick up where we left off. It is wonderful for me and the kids to have friends like this.

The first week of July all my family was in town, for bits of it. Everyone was there for the wedding, and it was the first time in several years we have all been together. I am grateful I got to spend sometime with all of them. I got to spend a lot of time with my youngest brother. The kids had a lot of fun playing with him, and he is really missed. My sisters were really great and celebrated my birthday with me. We did a lot of shopping, and it was so fun. I am lucky to have my siblings. 

My parents took the kids on their annual camping trip. It was Rapha's first year going. They had a blast. It is something they look forward to every year. 

Enjoy the little video at the top of some of our summer highlights. It might seem like we were doing a ton, but we took it a lot slower than we usually do. 





Trying to convince her to stay longer. 

Adding to our Susie and Alfred collection. We are crazy cat ladies in the making. 




On our way to pick blackberries. 




Bird watching on the back porch. They got really into it. 




Family paper chain activity for FHE. 
 






Finished our summer reading!

Our summer gang. 

Chick-fil-a cow appreciation day. 

Shaking our cow tails for free food. 



Cosette was wearing this dress for a play date. After we got there, they came down the stairs twinning. When your friends think a like. 

Best girls night out! Tacos, bowling, and ice cream in downtown Knoxville. These are only a few of the ladies that make my summer so great. 

Seeing Incredibles 2 for the third time. It was still funny. 



Brothers from other mothers. 

Henry packed this sweat shirt with out my knowing, and wore it at least once a week. He loves it. I thought he was crazy for wearing it in the summer heat. He never complained, and dressed himself, so I never complained. 

Visiting Grandpa. The kids helped me pick out new flowers for his grave. I got some lilies, because Lilly's were his favorite. Specifically Tiger Lilly's, but they did not have any, so white had to do. Love you Grandpa. I think about you often. 

Dairy Queen on our road trip back to the city. It is our road trip tradition. And I drove back by myself! I was terrified, but I did it. Conquering some fears. Now I feel so much more confident about driving in the city. I pretty much only drive when I am in Tennessee, so doing a long road trip like this by myself felt daunting. 

I am grateful for this wonder summer tradition of ours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day