Like a Lion


That is how March has come in, with roaring force that ebbs ands flows. This month has been wonderful, but then terrible all at once.The term all the feels is appropriate for March so far. 

It snowed on March 2nd, and it was infuriating!  Lyndon has been the busiest he has been at work in a long time. I broke my toe in a freak vomit accident (story at the end of the post), and cannot run my half marathon in April. We have had multiple doctors appointments and a lot more before the month is over. The kids struggling with different things that I have no idea how to help them. It's been in the 20s several days in a row.

Then the weather has gone up to the 70s. Cosette and Henry got glowing reviews at their parent teacher conferences. I have gotten to go on two mini dates with Henry. I took Cosette to see Anastasia on Broadway before it closes at the end of the month. Rapha got a cute hair cut. Lyndon's office has moved to Hudson Yards and is closer to our apartment (view from his office at the top). He is now running two and from work. We've started reading Percy Jackson with the kids. I had a pizza date with Rapha. My sister and her husband came to visit. We met a local illustrator and got a free signed copy of her book and a signed piece of her art work.

It is impossible not to feel overwhelmed, but oh so grateful at the same time. It stinks when Lyndon is really busy at work, but then I am so grateful for a man who works so hard to provide for me and the kids. I call him the dream maker, haha. He makes all our dreams come true, like the opportunity for me and Cosette to see Anastasia. The kids are people, and struggle with things that I am trying to navigate with them, but then they have wonderful doctors, and teachers who are helping them with some things I cannot. All our family lives far away, but they come visit us.

March may have come in like a lion, but is turning into a lamb.

Lyndon says I have to share the story about how I broke my toe here, because it is so absurd. So.....here goes. Henry and Rapha were sleeping on the futon one night and Rapha got sick. Henry cam out with some sick on his foot and threw up in the bathroom. Then Rapha came out covered in vomit. I put him in the tub and went to see the damage in their room. I slipped in a large puddle of vomit and hit my foot on a door. I thought I either fractured it, or broke it. I got it checked out after a week of it getting worse, not better (fyi, don't run on a broken toe). The doctor took some x-rays that showed I had broken my toe. I have it all taped up and a silly boot I have to wear for the next couple weeks. Should take 6-8 weeks to heal, but I am young and healthy, so fingers crossed it goes faster. I will find out this week if I can start swimming. I can walk around and not bed ridden. All is well, it is just one of the those insult to injury that life throws at you. Just keep on smiling.

His little face the entire time he was getting his hair cut was adorable. I have no idea why he was making these faces. I promise there were no tears, just forlorn looks for the loss of his lovely locks. He perked right up when he got to pick out a sucker. Green it was. 


Pretending to his scooter was a snow scooter. 

Henry my sous chef with homemade pizza. He requested it for dinner and to help me. 

Aunt Ellen is here!



Daiso, the Japanese dollar store, opened in Flushing, Queens this month! Obsessed with this place in Singapore we made the trip out there and stocked up on our Daiso goods. Lots of stationary, Japanese food, and crats supplies. They have the cutest craft supplies for kids. It made me happy/sad. All the memories from SG coming back, making me miss that place so much. 

Sister tradition! City Bakery hot chocolate with the homemade marshmallow, and a trip to Strand Bookstore. We do it every time she visits. I look forward to it every time. I never go to City Bakery unless she is here. 

Strand Bookstore! We love this place. You will always find us up stairs in the kid lit. She has gotten the kids some books there from trips past that are still some of our favorite reads. 

Girls night to see Anastasia! Coco has been wanting to go for a long time. It is closing at the end of the month, so I had to take her. It was so much fun. We listen to the music at home fairly often. She sat in my lap for the first half, asked me a ton of question the entire production, and sang along to "In a Crowd of Thousands". A really special night shared with her. 

Her smile! She was so excited to be there.

Glorious day at the park. We had a half day at school, and went directly there. 

Me and my Rapha. We fit together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day