Return to Singapore


We made it back! I was not planning on going to Singapore during this trip. I had other destinations in mind, but when it came to it, Singapore was the best choice. I was so excited! I could not wait to get off the plane, feel the humidity wrap itself around me, and get some food!

We had a wonderful two to three-ish  days there. We mostly revisited places that we loved, adding in a couple new things we had not done. 

The first thing I wanted to do when we arrived, was to get some chicken rice and fresh juice. We went straight from the air port to Lau Pa Sat, one of the most famous hawker centers in SG. I have missed Singaporean food. It is just delicious. You know it is good, when your kid eats it, and says she likes it. We got fresh watermelon juice, which is another thing I have terribly missed. 

We went on the cable car from Faber Mountain to Sentosa. That was one thing I really wanted to do while living there and never did. We had the car to ourselves for the first little bit over to Sentosa island. We enjoyed having the 360 view to ourselves. 

The rest of the trip we spent fabric shopping, going to the Night Safari, a bingsu run, morning hike, a visit to Meowmi Cat Café, ice cream at Awfully Chocolate, and the Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay. 

I could not go with out stopping by Dilips Textiles. I had several orders from family members to pick up products from him. He remembered me after two years. He is the kindest man. Always, offering a bottle of water to customers, and showing the entire store to the customer if that is what they wanted. Cosette has always enjoyed going to his shop. I can say it was an enjoyable experience for both of us. It is located next to the Sultan Mosque, which is spectacular. I have visited it several times and love learning more about Muslim religion. It was not opened while we were there, but I was still able to talk to Cosette a little bit about the Mosque to her. 

Hands down the best part was visiting with friends. We had a friend host us. She took us on a lovely morning walk over the Henderson Waves. We went to our old neighborhood to visit Cosette's teachers, and classmates from her school. They kids have all grown taller, but their faces still look the same. They were a little shy when they first saw each other. They all go to different schools now that they are in primary school (equivalent of elementary school in US). After a few minutes they were running and playing like no times has passed. I am glad that she still remembers them. Meeting up with them now was a lot more meaningful, versus several more years from now when her memories from her school there will fade. I am touched at how many friends came to that playdate. When it was being arranged only a few people responded. However, when it was time almost all of her classmates showed up. I got to catch up with my mom friends, and it was the best! I am so grateful for our school experience there. We got to know some of the best people in the world! I love the school and their families so much. 

Morning view from our flat. 

Dinner at Lau Pa Sat with my tired travel companion. She's the best.

So happy to be "home". 

Stumbled upon a Pokémon Center! This girl wanted to visit one while we were in Asia. 

Chicken rice. 




At Meowmi Cat Café. We looked up and this cat was staring down at us. 


Dilips Textiles.

Best chocolate ice cream on the planet. 


Gardens by the Bay.

Dutch shoes for everyone in our family. 

We were missing the tulips blooming in NYC, but Tulip Mania at Gardens by the Bay made up for it. 














Pink Chinese Temple on the way home from our hike. 


Colorful Little India.


Sri Veeramakaliamman Hindu temple.

Durians. My nose is not used to the smell again, lol. 

Ms. Sui Hoy, and Cosette's Mandarin teacher. We took them some books for the classroom about NYC. Now they have a little piece of us. I love these women so much. 

Best kids in all of Singapore!



Some of the best ladies on the island. Love them and appreciate their friendship so much. Miss those who could not be there. 
 
Beautiful, colorful, Haji Lane. 

Sultan Mosque.
I almost made it through the trip without crying. That's better than I hoped for. I treasure the time we lived there, even though I was going through a very difficult time in my life. Singapore was a breathe of fresh air in that time. My problems were going to be the same in NYC or SG. They were a lot easier to handle in SG than NYC. I am grateful we were able to visit. I did me a lot of good. 

Till we meet again Singapore. You will forever hold a place in my heart. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day