Birthday Week!


Fitting that I end July (well start August) with a post about our three birthday celebrations. Cosette turned eight! And Rapha turned 4! My July babies are getting so big. I turned 31, and it's going to be fun, haha. So far I have enjoyed my first week as a 31 year old. We really partied it up this year. I kind of went crazy and just wanted to spoil the kids, so I did. They had the best birthdays. Mom win!

Cosette wanted to go to the Bronx Zoo and do the camel rides, children's zoo, etc. All the extra fun stuff. And most importantly get dip'n dots. That was her birthday treat. We forgot the traditional birthday cake and decided to let the birthday person pick a treat/place to go to. It rained while we were at the zoo, and just about everything closed down. Lyndon found the only dip'n dot place that was opened and saved the day! Coco was so happy. We came home and opened presents. She was very happy because she got everything she wanted. A few favorites among them: new roller blades, Harry Potter alarm clock, Wizard Chess (from Harry Potter of course), and a giant stuffed banana peel from Mario Kart she has named "Squishy". I loved celebrating my girl! I love her so much.












Rapha's birthday falls on Pioneer Day, the day the Latter Day Saint pioneers arrived in Utah. There is always going to be a celebration on his b-day. The mom groups from several of our church congregations get together at a western themed playground every year for a playdate. We brought cupcakes and everyone sang happy birthday to him. It was a birthday party I did not have to plan and everyone brought snacks to. Later we went to Chuck E. Cheese. First time the kids have gone where they can really play the games. We had the best time! Their system has changed from tokens to a swipe card you pay by the hour for. Unlimited games for the whole family for an hour. It was the best! Living my childhood dream out. They also put a salad bar in. I am so impressed with them, haha. We had ice cream cake at home that Rapha has been waiting patiently for the last few months. He was so excited when we got it. He showed everyone in the family his blue ice cream cake. Hallelujah, it was delicious too! He had a good load of presents too. His favorites being his paw patrol flip n fly, paw patrol green truck, giant heat wave rescue bot, and his Pokémon cards. He had the best birthday ever.

















Once we get to my birthday I feel like its kind of anticlimactic, since we have been partying all week. It was still really fun. Some friends made reservations ages ago for the Blue Box Café at Tiffany's. They totally forgot about it till a few days before, but it turned out to be on my birthday. They treated me to a nice brunch. All of us have lived in NYC for a while and this is one thing none of us had done. I had the best morning with them. Lyndon and the kids spoiled me with the sweetest gifts. We finished off Rapha's cake for my birthday treat. I received so many texts, phone calls, and shout outs from friends and family. I felt very special. I sincerely mean that. I felt very special.



I have to give a shout out to Henry, who is always so sweet to the three of us this time of year. He handles the situation so well. He was so excited for C and R to open their presents and for the gifts they received. I am grateful for him.



We are all a year older and a little bit wiser. A goal I have for this year is to do something new every week weather it be read a new book, start a new sewing project, or going to do something new around the city. You only live once, and we have a lot of living to do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day