The Cloud Forest and Tulip Mania

 We end up going down town a lot. Mostly because it has been raining a lot , and there are a lot of indoor spaces to do things at Marina Bay. We have learned to be really flexible with our plans because of weather. Some Saturday this month we woke up to rain, and our plans of hiking were thwarted. Instead we check off one of Lyndon's Singapore bucket list items and went to the Cloud Forest. 

The Cloud Forest is basically a giant indoor terrarium complete with a huge and beautiful water fall. There are really cool dragon wooden statues that are hidden around the whole place. I like finding them, and have the kids try to find them with me. So Lyndon had never been to the Cloud Forest. We have the Gardens By the Bay pass that gets us into everything, so figured we better take Daddy and show him what he is missing. 

The Cloud Forest is pretty spectacular. When you walk in there is this giant indoor water fall that flecks you with water like an outdoor water fall. It really feels like you are in a tropical paradise with air con. It is super cold inside! Bring a coat if you go. You will use it, haha. The forest goes all the way to the top of the dome. You take an elevator/lift up to the top and then walk down to the bottom. Looking down from the top is really cool. You find different things from every angle you are at in that place. It is truly enchanting and always finding some hidden gem. The flowers are incredible, of course. The plants though! We think of plants being just green, but here plants are so colorful. Dark purples, with pink highlights in the leaves. Of course green, so many different types of green. Some silvery, others super dark. The colors in nature are incredible. The Cloud Forest does an amazing job at showing off what mother nature creates. 

From there we went to the Flower Dome next door, and up the escalator to see the Tulips. I love the Flower Dome. There are the permanent exhibits, which we always do a quick run through to see the giant dragon statue. Then there is the temporary exhibit in the middle that is always changing depending on the time of year. That is what I love about the Flower Dome, there is always some spectacular new exhibition show casing beautiful flowers that I would not get a chance of seeing anywhere else. 


The effort it takes to make family photos happen.



Henry, hehe. 

Picture with the moss! I have a tray of it in my fridge right now. More on that soon. 




 A million heart eyes watching him walk around with Henry's panda backpack "Snowy". 

Lego carnivorous flowers. We are kind of obsessed with both at our house. I had watched a documentary about Borneo the night before, and all these flowers live there. The Pitcher flower is amazing! I could go on about it, but I'll spare you my nerding out. 





He is my little lover. And so big now. I really want him to stay at this stage for at least another year. I love him to pieces. 

Her face makes it look like I forced her to take this photo, but she asked me to take it. 


Brothers. 


Narnia? I think we found the gate. Except this Narnia is always summer and never ever winter. 

Daddy is in the spirit. Not sure about everyone else. 

 Tulip Mania has taken over the Flower Dome. It is Van Gogh themed. They took Starry Night and one of his self portraits and made them out of tulips! Talk about creativity. It was especially exciting for Cosette, because her class was studying Van Gogh and  Starry Night at the time. When she saw the picture she pointed out and said, "Hey! That is what we painted at my school!".  I am really excited to see her version of Starry Night. Tulips and Van Gogh remind me of our trip to Amsterdam where we got to see the fields of tulips, and go to the Van Gogh museum. Plus, makes me think of NYC and going to the MET and seeing all of Van Gogh's works there. Which reminds me to make of a point of seeing his Sunflowers, which is the only major one left for us to see in person. Flowers and impressionist, I love them!

Could not decide which one to post, so you get both. You can thank Henry and his awesome expressions in the photos. 



This is the reason we have to get out. They are so much happier when we are out and about. Space. It makes so much difference on their little wiggly bodies. 

Had to stop him from picking all the flowers. 


Can I get a high five for keeping them alive? Still blows my mind that I am their mom, and they are my kids. 

Thick as thieves. 


Gotta show of the flowers. Cosette had us take a million pictures, so that we can print them off and she can paint them. 





It was a great outing. We did not lose any kids. It was still raining when we left, so Art Science Museum it was. It was a full day. And an especially sweet day together. We do not get Lyndon as much as we want. Me and the kids have really done Singapore, and he has not. We are trying to get him to some of the things he cannot miss before we leave. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day