Catch Up and Spring Break.


I have been really bad about posting this year. Winter has dragged on for forever. It's the end of April and we are finally getting decent weather. Our hibernating will be over, fingers crossed. 
I just do not do as many outings anymore with the kids. We are in the school routine. After school we go to a nearby playground. The kids just want to run and play with their friends. I am tired and lazy and do not do much with Rapha while the big kids are at school. I have not felt any reason to keep posting, because life has been boring lately. Maybe that is a good thing for us. I would be fine with boring if the weather was better. Spring or summer is around the corner. Not sure if we will get any spring at all. 

Photo dump from daily life and spring break. 

 Henry's face. 

 We go the library every Monday for "Makers Monday" or "Full STEM Ahead". Makers Monday they bring out all sorts of building toys for the kids to play with. Full STEM Ahead, a libarian will do a presentation on a subject in the STEM field. Then the kids will do a craft revolving around the subject presented. I love it because it is free, thirty seconds from our place, and I do not have to plan anything. We show up and have fun no matter what is going on. Henry and Cosette love it. Henry is our little architect, and gets so excited for Makers Mondays. 

Lyndon sprained his ankle really bad in March. He could not walk on it at all. We were worried he might have to have surgery. Luckily it was only a bad sprain, and no surgery necessary. It was the worst sprain that I have seen. It was scary how imobile he was. I was worried to leave him, in fear that he would fall and not be able to get up. Totally wanted to get him life alert.  

We had a low key Easter. A couple of Easter egg hunts, dyed eggs, and had friends over for Easter dinner. 

 Henry believes in leaving no stick behind. 

The next few photos are from the first day of spring break. Snow, snow, snow. New York, what is up with you? In a way it was good. The big kids were finally able to use the sled. The snow had already started melting by the time we got out there. It was almost mud sledding. It was good for the big kids to have a sledding experience this winter or spring (?). 




Orwasher's visit with friends. 

The Macy's Flower show was during the break. I love going there every year. It is always beautifully done. This year it was an enchanted forest theme. We met a group of friends there. Trying to keep up with all the kids there through the crowds is a sporting event. Us moms should get points every time we could find our kid in the crowd. That is why the pictures are not the best. 


 The dragon is my favorite installation from the show. 


This year there were a couple of the flower installations on other floors. This was the snow queen's snow globe. Then on another floor there was a dinosaur installation. The boys enjoyed sitting in the throne. It was hard to get them out. 

They were treated to ice cream since it was spring break. They wanted to go to the rose ice cream place, so Amarion's it was. Cosette got three flavors, of chocolate. Henry's cone was my favorite. He got raspberry and strawberry. I thought it was so cute/funny that he got such similar flavors. I would have gone with Cosette's cone if I had a choice. 

 Thank goodness for sorbetto. Our Rapha has a dairy intolerance. It is something that we have discovered the last few months. We are grateful that there are so many dairy free options from yogurt to cheese. Sorbetto had no dairy in it, yay! He choose banana for whatever reason. I really tired to get him to choose another flavor, but every time I gave him a sample he would say, "yucky". So he got banana and was very excited about it. To each their own. 

Favorite way to finish a cone. 


Found Pikachu in Midtown. 

The end of the week started out better than the beginning. I really like when my kids have breaks a lot more than I thought I would. It was a hard, but special week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day