Girls Day aka Girly Day

A couple weeks back, Cosette planned a girls day for us. She kept calling it our girly day. We were going to ride scooters in the park, go to the MET for one hour (she was very specific about that), go to the library to read Wonder, and go to Orwasher's to get a pan au chocolat (cho-co-latte, as she says it). She was so excited about it. It was the sweetest thing. Lyndon was free that Saturday to take the boys, and off we went. 

It was the first warm weekend of the year. Wearing short shelves has never felt so great. We had to make our way through Central Park, which was overflowing with people. Sheep's meadow was like an ocean with all the people and the waves of noise coming from it. 

Cosette has been taking an art class at the MET. She has developed an appreciation for this place. She made sure that we packed out sketch books, and colored pencils. She wanted to see the statue of Perseus holding Medusas head, and take me around the American Wing. I had fun explaining the works of art to her. We stopped by the African exhibit, since her aunt is serving a mission in Zimbabwe. We found a couple of artifacts from Zimbabwe. Cosette had us stop and sketch some vases. We went looking for a real mummy. Hung out in the Temple of Dendur, which is one of my favorite places there. We packed a lot into an hour. 

Next we took the long way home to get our scooter ride in. Then to the library where she read Wonder to me. I admit I did fall asleep. That time of day, plus laying down, puts me right to sleep. 

Then next door to Orwasher's. They have the best pastries, bread, and chocolate chip cookies. Their croissants are amazing. I could go on. That is why I try to limit our visits to once a week I made an exception for our girly day. 

I love that Cosette planned this day for us. It was all her. I would not have done this without her prompting. I hope she still wants to have girly days as she continues to grow up. I love the girl she is becoming. 

She always wants to give street performers some coins. Future patron of the arts.


Found Zimbabwe! Now to find some art from the region.






My favorite photo from the day. 

My second favorite. 




Wishing for another girly day ASAP!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day